New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · iPhone 6 and Lightroom

rattymouse
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · iPhone 6 and Lightroom

Hey all,

I have tried for the first time to import photos on my iPhone into Adobe's Photoshop Lightroom 5. I plugged in my phone and Lightroom immediately saw that as a source in the import dialogue box. However, only a single one of my photos shows up in the dialogue box. I have 42 photos on my phone but Lightroom finds 1 photo and about 20 movies. None of these movies are visible on my phone. I'm certain that these have all be deleted.

I am stuck at this point. I cannot help Lightroom find the 41 missing photos that are easily findable on my iPhone.

Can anyone help me get past this point? Also, is there any way I can force delete these discarded but still there movies?

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2015 at 09:59 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · iPhone 6 and Lightroom

I'd download the photos/movies on to your HD or remote HD using Preview and then direct LR to that folder.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:40 AM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · iPhone 6 and Lightroom

Frogfish wrote:
I'd download the photos/movies on to your HD or remote HD using Preview and then direct LR to that folder.

How do you use Preview to move photos off of an iPhone? I have not heard of that before.

Nov 22, 2015 at 06:45 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · iPhone 6 and Lightroom

rattymouse wrote:
How do you use Preview to move photos off of an iPhone? I have not heard of that before.

I thought that was standard !

1. Connect iPhone/iPad
2. Go to Preview and look under File
3. Find 'Import from ....." and click
4. Your photos will load and you can choose to import all or selected and where you want to put them.

Nov 22, 2015 at 07:29 AM
rattymouse
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · iPhone 6 and Lightroom

Frogfish wrote:
I thought that was standard !

1. Connect iPhone/iPad
2. Go to Preview and look under File
3. Find 'Import from ....." and click
4. Your photos will load and you can choose to import all or selected and where you want to put them.

Oh it might be standard, but that doesnt mean I know how to do it!

Anyway, your directions were crystal clear and it worked perfectly. I never knew Preview had this ability!

Is Lightroom having problems getting images off an iPhone a common problem or am I just special? I'd love to be able to do this in one shot rather than use Preview, for my wife's sake, but if Lightroom can't do the job importing photos off an iPhone, this works OK.

Thanks for the help.

Nov 22, 2015 at 01:06 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · iPhone 6 and Lightroom

You can also use Apple's Image Capture app to import (even works with scanners).

Wish I could figure out how to disable Apple's new Photos app (I use Adobe for images). It tries to autoload my images every time I insert a SD/CF card. I clicked do not open for this device on both Photos and Image Capture but to no avail. Even tried to toss Photos but the system won't let me...

Nov 22, 2015 at 01:53 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.