Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · FS: 35mm f/1.4 L (35L) $699

justruss
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: 35mm f/1.4 L (35L) $699

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon 5Dmk2

Sold

Price: $799.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Insured

Selling my trusty 5D2. It has been well used-- but well taken care of. It functions 10/10 perfectly. It is more like 8/10 COSMETICALLY (not optically). Never dropped, never bumped, never mistreated. The biggest cosmetic thing is that the rear LCD has a good amount of light scratches-- the kind that aren't really noticeable when actually shooting or reviewing, but if put off axis with the rear screen on are definitely visible. There are also some paint rubbing on a few corners. All of this is just from going in and out of my bag.

Of note, this comes with an installed Canon precision focusing screen (originally $50), which makes focus with faster aperture lenses easier to see.

It comes with:
- Original box (was part of lens kit), and body cap.
- Original battery and charger
- Original camera strap (never used!)
- Original box contents and box (CDs, paperwork, etc)
- Two non-chipped 3rd party batteries. They work, but don't report charge to the camera, and won't charge in the original charger. I have a third party charger for the batteries, but the outlet plug flip out is on the verge of being broken.
- A 3rd party, programmable intervalometer (originally $35) and remote release.
- 2x high speed 32GB CF cards
- USB 2 UDMA CF/SD card reader

I estimate somewhere between 40-55K on the shutter. I have around 65K images from the time during when I owned the camera, but in the last 1.5 years I've predominately shot with other cameras. I am the original owner. Happy to provide a recent RAW files if you can figure out how many exposures that makes!

I'm asking a pretty firm $825. You cover any payment fees, I cover USPS priority insured shipping-- only within the US.

Local pickup is available in Western Massachusetts for a small discount.

I prefer a straight sale, but could potentially be interested in trades including: Sony RX1, FE 16-35 F/4, Canon 70-200 F/4, Voightlander 15mm f/4.5 V3 w/ adapter, Voightlander 12mm f/5.6 w/ adaptor.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon 35mm f/1.4L (version 1)

Available

Price: $699.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8 Well used - may exhibit "dings" or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Insured

Priced to sell!

This is my trusty 35mm f/1.4L. Recently cleaned and calibrated. Well, well used, but sharp and fully functional! Never dropped. Never poorly handled! But lots of going in and out of a bag.

Includes:
- Front/Rear caps.
- Hood.
- Lens Bag.

Does not include original box.

Of important note:
- Over a year ago the lens focusing mechanism jammed while shooting in Mongolia. I brought it to a guy in the capital who is something of a legend (he's serviced stuff for Nat Geo and all the big places)-- and within a few hours he'd cleaned, calibrated, and totally fixed the issue. I've shot with the lens on every assignment since without any hiccups... and it seems sharper than before at wide apertures. AF has been flawless since!
- The AF/MF toggle switch port (not the actual switch, but the raised part the switch sits on) is loose. The switch itself works fine, but the plastic part the switch sits on is easy to "unclip" by sliding it to the side, which would let you peer behind the switch. Solution? I've just taped that bit down (switch itself fully functional). I'm sure Canon would be happy to replace it for you... but I imagine (since it's not a functional issue), it wouldn't be worth the asking price. I've never even inquired about it.
- There appears to be a tiny scratch on the lens front element. We're talking almost invisible unless you really start shining a light and inspecting. It definitely does not impact image quality. I simply cannot get it to show up in a photograph; it's super short, and so faint... it might literally be just a faint mark from cleaning the front element.

Price is net to me (you cover the transactions fees), but include USPS insured priority to the US. Local pickup available in Western Mass for a small discount.

I prefer a straight sale, but could potentially be interested in trades including: Sony RX1, FE 16-35 F/4, Canon 70-200 F/4, Voightlander 15mm f/4.5 V3 w/ adapter, Voightlander 12mm f/5.6 w/ adaptor.

Edited on Dec 02, 2015 at 02:44 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2015 at 05:33 PM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: 35mm f/1.4 L (35L) $699

Edited post to reflect that the Camera is 8/10 cosmetically (as in how it looks), and not optically (how it produced images). I hope my mistake in word choice didn't scare people off!

Nov 24, 2015 at 07:45 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: 35mm f/1.4 L (35L) $699

Camera is sold-- lens is still available!

Dec 02, 2015 at 04:45 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: 35mm f/1.4 L (35L) $699

I'll take $650!

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:13 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: 35mm f/1.4 L (35L) $699

Still available!

Jan 17, 2016 at 09:24 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · FS: 35mm f/1.4 L (35L) $699

Yup, still here.

Jan 22, 2016 at 06:31 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.