New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 3 Color Images

Evan Baines
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 3 Color Images

Hey gang,

Working on a big project right now, and hope to be able to share some of those images soon. In the meanwhile, here are three random color frames I liked from my rolls: two of my wife and one of a classmate.

1. Fall hike
http://www.bainesphoto.com/webpost/rollei-001.jpg
(Rolleiflex 3.5F, Portra 400)

2. Fall hike
http://www.bainesphoto.com/webpost/rollei-002.jpg
(Rolleiflex 3.5F, Portra 400)

3. A classmate asked me to re-do her graduation photo, because she was dissatisfied with the one from the school photographer. This differs from my usual efforts in the unusual color spectrum represented as she expressed a strong preference for color. Oh well. Graduation is right around the corner!
http://www.bainesphoto.com/webpost/sc-001.jpg
(Hasselblad 500cm, 150mm Sonnar @F/8, Portra 160)

Nov 19, 2015 at 09:24 PM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 3 Color Images

Hey buddy, thanks for sharing.

1. She’s so lovely, as always. I really like the triangle of her scarf, face, head, hair and back – juxtaposed with the slight horizontal patterning of her shirt. Classic stuff but really enhanced by the colors involved. The colors… just crazy good. The visual interaction of her scarf, hair and shirt against the “scarf” background. I really love this image of her.

2. Gorgeous shot and best framing of Amanda in this composition, no doubt, but for me with so much going on visually she becomes an ancillary element and I find myself wanting her to be more prominent. Nonetheless, an absolutely picturesque image.

3. Just so well done, Evan. On my monitor and in Chrome, her skin tone may edge a bit toward the yellow but nothing distracting and only you know what it actually looks like. I do find myself wondering about her eyes – it’s largely her makeup but they’re very dark – so heavily mascara’d on the outer corners. It is what it is, and is her choice, I suppose...

Best,

Chuck

Nov 21, 2015 at 06:04 AM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 3 Color Images

Thanks Chuck!

Always appreciate the feedback.

As usual I prefer the B&W of #3

http://www.bainesphoto.com/webpost/sc-bw-001.jpg

Nov 22, 2015 at 08:52 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 3 Color Images

As ever, your black and whites sing, Evan.

And her eyes feel like they've opened up a bit (re: makeup and even her irises). If I may ask, did you adjust things?

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:41 AM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 3 Color Images

Thanks Amigo!

Yeah nothing really changed on this one. I got the neopan roll back a day later than the color due to the lab's processing schedule. I tidied up a flyaway on the BW and obv cropped from its original square format, but didn't mess with the eyes. I do see what you mean though.

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:04 PM
sidefunk
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 3 Color Images

Nice Evan. I also thought there was a slight skin tone issue in the color version. I like her expression in the color version better. It seems more genuine and opened up.

Nov 22, 2015 at 05:56 PM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 3 Color Images

Good stuff brother....
. Love the ones of the Mrs #2 esp and the B&W of course....

Nov 22, 2015 at 06:04 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 3 Color Images

I'm with Allen. But I can go either way with the portrait. Love the color, but also love the B&W. Win-win.

Nov 23, 2015 at 09:41 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 3 Color Images

Great portrait redo Evan! So where will new assignment be?
DOL!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Dan

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:47 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.