New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D3s + Yongnuo 622TX + SB910 LCD illumination

Launagis

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D3s + Yongnuo 622TX + SB910 LCD illumination

Hi there. There is one thing that bugs me after i started using SB910 with wireless triggers. It is that after the flash comes from standby or i just press AF-ON button anytime, both LCD on the flash and the top and bottom LCDs on my D3s gets illuminated for some time. Nothing serious, but annoys the hell out of me. And i turn it off with on/off button on D3s "activating" the illumination, which is not convenient. Both camera and flash LCDs are set to no illumination in menus. Is there a workaround? Thanks.

Nov 19, 2015 at 02:48 PM
JusLookN
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D3s + Yongnuo 622TX + SB910 LCD illumination

I'll check when I get home today. I have the same setup (have just acquired the Yongnuos), and will let you know if I get the same reaction. As far as I know the only light that used to come on is the one on my SB910 with the other setup when pressing any button to wake it up.

Nov 19, 2015 at 05:06 PM
Launagis

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D3s + Yongnuo 622TX + SB910 LCD illumination

I'll be very interested to hear how it goes for you. If i put SB910 directly on the camera, everything works how it should - lights on both top LCD and flash LCD come when i switch cameras on/off switch to illuminate. Otherwise they're both off. And if i put YN triggers between them, both LCDs are illuminated for 7-8 seconds after each press of AF-ON or shutter button. Might as well leave the illumination on all the time, less distracting.

Nov 19, 2015 at 08:23 PM
JusLookN
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D3s + Yongnuo 622TX + SB910 LCD illumination

Sorry to say, mine does exactly the same thing. It doesn't bother me(yet), as I have just bought the Youngnuo trigger set. Before then, I just used CLS . The SB700 mounted on the Yungnuo triggers does the same thing. I do have the Phottix Odin set and will test those tomorrow and see if it does as the Yungnuo set with the lcd's. I don't think it will bother me because of the two lcd's that are illiminating. Now if the main one on the back would be illuminating;surely that would bother me.

Nov 19, 2015 at 09:20 PM
Launagis

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D3s + Yongnuo 622TX + SB910 LCD illumination

Thanks for testing that out! Now i have to figure out if leaving LCDs on will have an noticeable impact on battery life

Nov 20, 2015 at 07:07 AM
JusLookN
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D3s + Yongnuo 622TX + SB910 LCD illumination

O.K. It only stays on for a few seconds. But I have news for you on the Phottix Odin system; it doesn't do this. Tested this morning and it only lights up the lcd on the flash.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:11 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.