FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

Brian Woolf
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

First visit to this area, didn't know what to expect. Great location, lots of possibilities but wrong time and wrong day, so I have a more graphic take on this place, with empty blue sky and difficult light.
Left another photographer in the forth image as the scale of the sea stacks is impressive and at low tide you can almost walk up go around some of them.
C&C welcome.
Brian

LaPush 2nd Beach

LaPush 2nd beach low tide

LaPush 2nd beach right side

The size of these sea stacks is amazing

Nov 18, 2015 at 05:33 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

Hey Brian,

You shot these very well considering there were no clouds to work with. I really enjoyed my time capturing Second Beach last month, so many cool possibilities there.

My Favorites here are #1 and 3. I do wish in #1 the bottom of that small pool hadn't but cut off at the bottom though. With #4, while using a human to provide scale can be good, this guy is more of a distraction than any scale provider. At least for me he doesn't work.

Jim

Nov 19, 2015 at 02:33 AM
Bart Carrig
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

I was there last month as well and caught up with Jim. You did very well with the shapes and colors. Very nice.

I also agree #1would be perfect with just 4" more of pool.

Avery nice job with the "lagoon".

Bart Carrig

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:02 AM
Brian Woolf
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

Thanks Bart and Jim for your comments. As far as #4 is concerned, I was on the fence about keeping the man for scale, it was amazing to realize the size of those stacks when I returned and processed my files. I will take a look at #1 and see if there is anymore at the bottom. Thanks!
Brian

Nov 19, 2015 at 01:55 PM
LSExplorer
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

Although cloudless, your compositions made the images looked comfortable and realistic. I love all of them.

Nov 19, 2015 at 03:43 PM
Brian Woolf
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

LS, Thanks for the nice comment.
Brian

Nov 19, 2015 at 04:30 PM
Brian Woolf
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

LS, Thanks for the nice comment.
Brian

Nov 19, 2015 at 04:30 PM
Hathaway
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The 2nd Beach at LaPush

Great set.

Was there a few months ago. I will post some pictures soon. You got nice low tide and weather. Too bad there weren't any clouds. We had the complete opposite. It was high tide, sunset and a major storm was coming through. Amazing place and too many options to work with. Wish I had more time, a longer lens and those tides to work with!

Nov 20, 2015 at 01:19 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.