FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Couple Beaver Lansdscapes

Brad Williams
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Couple Beaver Lansdscapes

Here are two photos from my Fall Color Photo trip to Colorado.

The first photo is a place called Beaver Park west of Telluride, south of Lone Cone. We were doing some mid-day scouting in an area we had not been to before. We came around a corner and stumbled upon this amazing scene!

1. Beaver Park

The next photo was from the Beaver Pond on CR7 at the base of the Sneffels range on the Ridgeway side. We had plenty of clouds in the sky, but they never caught any color. I guess that's better than bluebird. Even though the trout were making some waves, the pond was very calm that night.

2. The Beaver Pond

C&C always welcome and appreciated.
Thanks,
Brad

Nov 18, 2015 at 02:18 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Couple Beaver Lansdscapes

Hey Brad,

Two very nice shots from one of my favorite areas to shoot. I really like #1 with that storm. What a very good shot for B&W.

Jim

Nov 19, 2015 at 02:29 AM
Brad Williams
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Couple Beaver Lansdscapes

Thanks Jim!

JimFox wrote:
Two very nice shots from one of my favorite areas to shoot.

It sure is a great area, Only my second time out there, but I can't wait to go back again. I am worried about the Beetle Kill... Parts of CR9 were looking rough and I am sure its only a matter of time until it spreads over to CR7.

Nov 19, 2015 at 09:54 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Couple Beaver Lansdscapes

Amazing compositions and an excellent locale. Impressive. The storm cloud looks great in #1 with the intense texture. Perhaps the structure of the foreground is a bit too much for me as that area pulls my attention away from the awesome cloud. Maybe soften the landscape or darken the front layer a touch. Obviously, your intention was to get edge to edge clarity so my edit may not be to your taste. Wonderful reflections in #2. I like how you kept the greens nice and dark creating a nice balance right and left.

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM
LSExplorer
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Couple Beaver Lansdscapes

Great compositions on both images. The first one seemed more dynamic to me. I am wondering if the dynamic feeling could be enhanced by making the image a bit more contrasty

Nov 19, 2015 at 03:50 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.