FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · A Tale of Two Beaches

MartinMcl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Tale of Two Beaches

The PNW has a number of great beaches. Two of the most accessible are Rialto with it's rugged wildness, here in a morning take, and Second Beach with it's pure elegance - seen here as the sunset ends. :-)

© MartinMcl 2015

Calm Moment at Rialto

© MartinMcl 2015

An Elegant Second

Edited on Nov 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM · View previous versions

Nov 18, 2015 at 07:09 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Tale of Two Beaches

Hey Martin,

Yep fond memories from these shots here! Both are super cool beaches, and now I am wishing we had gone to Rialto more then just twice. I would clone out the couple of twigs poking out in #1 in the upper right corner to clean that up. I like your use of the log in #1, but now you have me thinking I didn't take enough shots with the driftwood in the shots!

Jim

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:46 AM
MartinMcl
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Tale of Two Beaches

Thanks Jim.

Dang! How could I have missed those twigs when I cropped out others in that area! ........ anyway I've found a couple of sensor spots too, to get rid of. I'd been to Rialto another couple of times the day before because, as I said, it's my favourite of the three Ruby, Second and Rialto - because of the dramatic action and, of course, all that drift wood and logs which give it so much character. 2nd is the lovelier beach but Rialto has more rawness and life imho. :-)

Nov 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM
CarloDidier
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Tale of Two Beaches

Lovely shots, especialy the first one.
I'd like a little bit more darks in the second, looks a bit flat on my screen.

Having discovered those beaches with the PNW gang, I now know why everyone loves them. My favourite was Second Beach though, especially since that fantastic sunrise we had there. And Rialto didn't like me anyway, the proof being getting soaked to my hips there ...

Dec 05, 2015 at 05:26 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.