FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

bthatton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

Hello... I'm curious if anyone is self fulfilling fine art prints for their clients and if so if you can share your experiences in terms of the time and reward involved.

I'm considering offering a small number of signed, matted prints and really making a big deal of them to my clients. If anyone can give some insight I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Nov 17, 2015 at 01:42 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

Fine art prints are super important to me and how I sell myself. I have a large format printer and a variety of fine art papers I will use depending on the image. Clients seem to appreciate it.

I also make prints for some other photographers - drop me a line on FB if you want to chat about it

Nov 17, 2015 at 04:15 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

Self fulfilled means everything is automated and sent direct from the lab to me. So by the nature of that it can't be what you're asking for as you want to sign them.

Nov 17, 2015 at 05:18 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

I did this before they had auto-fulfilment available in the UK and above a certain size I still do this to use a lab I trust.

Are you looking at placing the order with a lab yourself or using your own inkjet printer? The hassle factor can be high for the first option due to high min postage costs from labs, annoying missing deliveries from couriers and still needing to pay and arrange onward postage.

Nov 17, 2015 at 07:48 AM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

My printer is one of my favorite things I own. I love love love printing photos. Seriously one of my favorite things I do. I always send prints to clients as a gift. Just whatever I think looks cool and whatever am stoked to print. They love it.

Nov 17, 2015 at 08:14 AM
bthatton
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

Danny does your gifting of prints lead to more print sales? My idea is to send couples a print immediately following the wedding with the idea that it'll help create a desire for them to purchase more.

DannyBostwick wrote:
My printer is one of my favorite things I own. I love love love printing photos. Seriously one of my favorite things I do. I always send prints to clients as a gift. Just whatever I think looks cool and whatever am stoked to print. They love it.

Nov 17, 2015 at 08:44 AM
bthatton
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

I'm considering the new Canon Pro-1000. It looks like it's a beast. No real reviews out yet though.

Nov 17, 2015 at 08:47 AM
DaveyD

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Self fulfilled fine art prints

I'm like Danny and Kurtis on this. I love to print. I also have a wide format printer and a big vacuum press to mount my own photos. I also face mount and sublimate on metal.
Is it really worth the expense, probably not, but I enjoy it and I print a lot more because I do it all at home. If you do purchase one make sure it is big enough. I print 24" wide and sometimes I wish it was bigger.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:57 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.