Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Non Ai Micro-Nikkor-P Auto F3.5 (Which extension tube for D300?)

Sherman71

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Non Ai Micro-Nikkor-P Auto F3.5 (Which extension tube for D300?)

I would like to use this lens on my D300. (Was previously using the lens on my D60). I am a bit confused as to which extensions are AI and can be used with my D300 safely. Used photo pro has a M1 and M2 they also have the PK extension tubes.

Also wondering if I get the extension tube should I still have the lens converted to AI?

Nov 16, 2015 at 09:36 AM
Keith B.
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Non Ai Micro-Nikkor-P Auto F3.5 (Which extension tube for D300?)

Ai compatible tubes seem to start with the letter "P"; PK 11, PK 12, PK 13, PN 11.
PK 13 gets that lens to 1:1.
I can't say if your non-Ai 55mm will mount on the PK tubes.
The tube originally intended for your lens was the M2. The M2 should mount to your camera and stop the lens down at the moment of exposure, but there will be no aperture communication from lens to body for metering purposes.
A budget Ai conversion for your lens is not very expensive, and would allow the use of the PK tube(s) as intended.

Nov 17, 2015 at 03:17 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.