New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

DragonflyDM
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

Anyone know where you can buy replacement batteries for the quantum turbo? I don't think that quantum does the repairs anymore since they no longer make them. I have four batteries that are not holding charges anymore. It would be cheaper to just get them repaired than replaced.

Nov 15, 2015 at 08:56 PM
azmerm

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

I bought Propac lithium from Godox and Neewer. Ordered off Amazon for $85ish, and slightly over $100 for the 2 port version.

Perfect replacement for the Turbos and much much cheaper!

Nov 15, 2015 at 09:25 PM
ashton lamont
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

I bought a couple of Godox dual packs but they were completely unreliable so I returned them. I understand that the quality control may now have improved.

I have two Quantum Turbo 2x2 units. I've had the batteries swapped out in both as they are quite old now. The last one I had the cells replaced with the new Panasonic Eneloop Black version and they work great. This also weighs less than the original cells. Try searching on Ebay for a Quantum and you may find a battery replacement service. Also, the firms offering that service also replace batteries for power tools and suchlike so you may find one that can do it for you. The innards of a Quantum are not that complicated so if you took the insides out and shot a photo for a replacement battery service they would probably know how to do it straight away.

The Godox Propac cables work with my Turbo's and they are well made and far cheaper than Quantums. I did find that my Turbo's would not work with Phottix Mitros+ guns despite using the Phottix adapters. So if you are thinking of using 3rd party guns it may not be worth your while upgrading your Quantums.

Pete

Nov 16, 2015 at 05:40 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

Before I sold them, I changed out the cells in my Quantums with replacements from Batteries Plus. Took a soldering gun in 10 mins, tops.

Hi, Josh - wondered if you were still here.

Nov 16, 2015 at 08:50 AM
Chris Cooke
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

I bought a turbo battery off a guy that needed to be recelled. Got a new battery on ebay for about $25 and had the Turbo fixed in 10 minutes. super easy. just a screwdriver to open the case and thats it.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:52 AM
ShotByTom
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

I took two of them to Batteries +, I think it was $27 installed.

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:56 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Replacing Quantum Turbo Battier

I'm pretty sure Quantum will re-cell your batteries, but it sounds like a lot of good options here, that will be less expensive. Great tips---I'll be looking into!

Nov 16, 2015 at 01:26 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.