FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · D7200 vs. D750

Mark_L
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D7200 vs. D750

sjms wrote:
i, myself, think that the creamy stuff tends to be way over used/done and in many cases makes the image flat as a pancake give giving little depth or texture. too isolating. just my meager opinion

People seem to obsess about the mush they turn their background into so much I sometimes wonder if the subject becomes almost secondary.

Nov 17, 2015 at 01:40 PM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D7200 vs. D750

sjms wrote:
that all depends on the end user. some prefer cream some prefer something else. i, myself, think that the creamy stuff tends to be way over used/done and in many cases makes the image flat as a pancake give giving little depth or texture. too isolating. just my meager opinion

I actually agree, I like a hint of detail in the background too. I have seen images that were flat like you describe. However, the OP seemed to be looking for a camera that would help her produce soft bokehy (made up word) backgrounds, hence my recommendation.

Nov 17, 2015 at 01:45 PM
KankRat
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D7200 vs. D750

Cristalline wrote:
A few months ago I borrowed D7100 which is a great camera, but after reading so much about crop sensor and full frame, I'm little confused. I like bokeh which ff can give, I also like shooting in low light and absolutely like sharp photos.
and later also Canon 450d. Now I'm buying a camera that could have it for years.
I will be very thankful for any suggestions.

I had a 450D (xsi) for several years and moved up to D7000. The difference between those two cameras was so big, that I never picked up the 450 ever again.
You didn't see a huge difference?

The move from those two cameras was huge, going to a D7200 would be enormous in terms of low light performance, which flat out sucked on the 450D. You are also talking double the resolution Not to mention the dynamic range is off the charts.
Personally I think the for what you are talking about the D750 would be better, but because
used "limited" and "budget" in the same sentence. I would go with a the 7200. Actually I would go with a 7100 refurbed for half the price but that's just me.

35mm DX f1.8. can't go wrong with it.

Nov 17, 2015 at 01:58 PM
elkhornsun
• • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D7200 vs. D750

I have owned and shot with both cameras and generally prefer the D7200 with its better low light autofocus. The D7200 has double the native high ISO of the D750, double the shutter speed, faster flash sync speed (1/250s vs 1/200s).

Autofocus is better with the D7200 as the autofocus sensors are spaced closer together than on the FX D750. I see this in low light and when using teleconverters on lenses. I can focus with the 80-400mm f5.6 with a TC20 teleconverter with an effective aperture of f11 with the D7200. With this same combination the D750 will fail to focus (as will the D810).

The D750 is better if using premium wide angle lenses for landscapes and architectural photography with ones like the 14-24mm f2.8, 18-35mm f3.5G, and 24mm PC-E. The D7200 is better with any focal length greater than 30mm for almost anything including people, macro, sports, and wildlife photography.

There is a lot of hype about the better ISO performance and autofocus of the D750 that are not borne out either with Nikon's specs or with real world use of the camera.

Nov 17, 2015 at 03:31 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D7200 vs. D750

KankRat wrote:
These look freaking awesome, especially #2. What kind of noise reduction?

thank you

i do pretty much most of my raw work in DXO for quite some time and raw nr is automated for the most part but can be controlled. havent had to on any of this batch. with this camera and those ISO's values it minimal at best in auto. its at 12800 it starts to needy

Nov 17, 2015 at 03:58 PM
Cristalline

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D7200 vs. D750

Thank you all for really helpful information.
Yes, the difference between 450d and d7100 was so huge, but is also true that I had not so brilliant kit lens then.
Dynamic range is also very important to me, because that gives a special accent to the shots. In my life I made pretty much post processing images, from editorials to landscape pics, but I prefer making pictures without too many filters and processing.
In the following days I will decide which camera and lens I will pick, because I don't want to miss these romantic autumn shots with red sky after the sun goes down. And then all sparkling days in December 😊.
I only have one more question. I think I will pick prime lens first because of sharpnes, speed and lovely blurred background. If I choose 85mm lens, is it possible to shoot indoor, like in home? Or with 50mm? Or is better 35? I remember that almost every time I used larger zoom of lenses. With 17-55 I mostly use 55. On 55-300, mostly from 150 up. All on d7100. Any other suggestions? If I chosse d7200, I already have borrowed lens 55-300. But if I choose d750, I'll I will go with prime first.

Nov 17, 2015 at 04:56 PM
lorac
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D7200 vs. D750

Cristalline wrote:
Thank you all for really helpful information.
Yes, the difference between 450d and d7100 was so huge, but is also true that I had not so brilliant kit lens then.
Dynamic range is also very important to me, because that gives a special accent to the shots. In my life I made pretty much post processing images, from editorials to landscape pics, but I prefer making pictures without too many filters and processing.
In the following days I will decide which camera and lens I will pick, because I don't want to miss these romantic autumn shots with red sky after the sun
...Show more

Sounds to me you could go full frame, not needing the "reach" going by the answer to my question a few days ago. Of course the choice is yours. Yea, you can shoot indoors without a flash with either camera being able to crank up the iso to 1600 and beyond. Be careful to expose properly or noise will be an issue even with modern sensors. Not all prime lenses provide good bokeh, it depends. If finances are an issue, the main benefit of the D7200 over the D7100 is the larger buffer, which doesn't sound like a major issue for what you shoot. High iso is maybe 1/2 stop better with the D7200 over the D7100. Just a thought.......

Nov 17, 2015 at 08:03 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · D7200 vs. D750

If you are not doing a lot of stuff at long range or need the higher FPS but you do need the high-iso performance, and you can afford it, go FX.

If you can't afford FX or you are doing a lot of long-range stuff, DX is a great way to go.

Personally, I find DX is less expensive in the body, gives me the range I need, and has 95% of the performance, so it's the way I go.

Given what you describe as your needs, I would go FX, thus the D750.

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:33 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.