New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Different kind of Paypal issue

jancohen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Different kind of Paypal issue

Just a heads up in case the same thing happens to you.

Yesterday evening, I tried to send a payment via Paypal for a lens, but when I selected my address and submitted the order, I kept getting an alert that says:

"The recipient of this money requires you to include a shipping address with the payment. Please select an existing address below, or add a new one"

I tried to do so multiple times using Chrome, then Internet Explorer, but the same issue occurred. So I did a little of my own research and came up with why the issue might be occurring. See:

Paypal Help Forum

Given comments there, I then tried using Paypal's Classic layout, but ended up with the same error. In that thread, there's also mention of having the seller send an invoice for their wares and just waiting on an invoice now.

Again, just an fyi in case anyone else runs into this problem, and I'll update this thread after the invoice method is attempted.

Nov 14, 2015 at 09:02 AM
jancohen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Different kind of Paypal issue

Update: paying via the invoice method worked like it should.

Without delving into the code on Paypal's site, the only thing that comes to mind regarding the error I experienced is that I have multiple addresses that I can select from when choosing a shipping address. I'm on the road regularly and occasionally buy items using PP and have them shipped to me directly. Not sure if PP's new OI is quite ready for such scenarios.

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:50 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.