p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canada Goose Jacket

Thanks for all the comments.

Dec 08, 2015 at 10:34 PM
khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canada Goose Jacket

sjms wrote:
proper layering has some distinct advantages over a single monster coat.

how north is north?

they do make a good product. been around for many years. their pricing from what I see is over the top now too.

I'll take a heavy parka when i'm laying on a frozen lake at -30 degrees.

I agree about the pricing though. I bought their Snow Mantra parka around 6 years ago for $700. It's now around $1100.

Dec 09, 2015 at 10:37 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canada Goose Jacket

runakid wrote:
They have a outlet site and just wondering if anyone had used their product. Big time money off right now. 1200 coat at the outlet is 250. Maybe the sleeves are extra.

No way they are legit. 100% certain that would be a cheap Chinese knockoff site.

Dec 09, 2015 at 10:41 PM
khurram1
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canada Goose Jacket

runakid wrote:
Here's the jacket I was originally looking at :http://www.canadagoose-outlet.us.com/snow-mantra-parka-c-1_12/canada-goose-mens-snow-mantra-parka-blue-outlet-p-53.html
But after reading all the posts I realize that even though the jacket looks great I really need to go with layers.
Now- what are your suggestions for pants?

I am going to be using the gear [top and bottom] for photography in Canada for snowy owls and cold weather shooting in the Lock and Dam #14 area. I'd like to do a polar bear tour but not sure that I need crazy clothes for November in Canada.

that's a knock-off site.

Dec 09, 2015 at 10:42 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canada Goose Jacket

sjms wrote:
proper layering has some distinct advantages over a single monster coat.

how north is north?

they do make a good product. been around for many years. their pricing from what I see is over the top now too.

khurram1 wrote:
I'll take a heavy parka when i'm laying on a frozen lake at -30 degrees.

I agree about the pricing though. I bought their Snow Mantra parka around 6 years ago for $700. It's now around $1100.

I'm sure some of that is due to increasing popularity. The tanking CAD won't be helping their customers (i.e. there is no way they'll lower prices due to lower CAD value and are probably paying more for imported goods for manufacture).

Dec 16, 2015 at 04:26 PM
Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Canada Goose Jacket

While I will never undervalue the benefit of quality gear like Arc'teryx (I own a few pieces) you do not need to spend a fortune on outdoor gear to be warm, especially when you won't be using them for 8 months of the year every day like many Canadians.

Concentrate on quality footwear and mitts. Don't get gloves. If you want mobility taking photos, slip a pair of cotton work gloves into your mitts for more dexterity. For the rest, layer it up until you're warm.

My clothing choices change a bit depending on what I'm doing. I don't wear the same clothes for Snow Kiting as I do for Snowmobiling. Remember, cheaper doesn't have to mean less warm. What you usually get by spending more money is a more durable product that fits better and allows you to be more active and comfortable while still retaining lots of heat.

Dec 17, 2015 at 03:27 PM
arduluth
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Canada Goose Jacket

Savas K wrote:
Can a man have a gut and wear Arcteryx? It appears made for svelte athletes.

Sure. Like North Face did long ago, Arc'teryx has become quite trendy, and is in transition to a lifestyle brand. They're still making technical stuff, but the fit is often less athletic than it used to be.

Anyway, I'm decidedly fat. I do a lot of hiking, backpacking, and car camping. No problems fitting into Arc'teryx jackets. Even the semi technical stuff like the Atom LT fits without having to size up. You may need to size up if you like a looser fit or of the item is more technical, which still retail the athletic fit.

Dec 27, 2015 at 11:41 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.