p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Around St Pauls

Comments appreciated and thanks for looking,

Bob

Nov 13, 2015 at 07:56 PM
Brev00
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Around St Pauls

Excellent variety for a brief set! I like the dramatic tones in all three but especially #3 which has the kind of nourish mood I enjoy a great deal. How to make a tree trunk feel dangerous? I don't know but good job. Good angles in the first two and I like how they are tonally opposite. It tells me that you take each shot one at a time and process according to the unique needs of each one. While the first two are finely controlled in terms of having perfect geometric shapes contained in the frame, the third is just an explosion. I like that element of surprise.

Nov 17, 2015 at 09:36 AM
lazlo369
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Around St Pauls

Nice images Bob, I especially like the first one with all the lines creating a nice triangle on the top that draws you in.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:29 AM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Around St Pauls

Brev00 wrote:
Excellent variety for a brief set! I like the dramatic tones in all three but especially #3 which has the kind of nourish mood I enjoy a great deal. How to make a tree trunk feel dangerous? I don't know but good job. Good angles in the first two and I like how they are tonally opposite. It tells me that you take each shot one at a time and process according to the unique needs of each one. While the first two are finely controlled in terms of having perfect geometric shapes contained in the frame, the third is
...Show more

Thanks Larry,

I appreciate your analysis. The 'tree' is a very mature crepe myrtle. The texture, smoothness, and coloring of its trunk remind me of a large snake, perhaps an anaconda or python.

Interestingly, crepe myrtles are ubiquitous in the median of US Rt. 13 which follows the spine of the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay from VA to DE. Law forbids planting 'trees' in the median however crepe myrtles are classified as shrubs (so I am told) and meet the need.

St. Pauls was established in 1750. The current sanctuary is the third iteration, the original having burned down during the Revolutionary War and second suffering the same fate in the Augusta fire of 1916.

Regards,

Bob
---------------------------------------------

lazlo369 wrote:
Nice images Bob, I especially like the first one with all the lines creating a nice triangle on the top that draws you in.

Thank you Lazlo,

Glad you enjoy the geometry - me too.

Regards,

Bob

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:36 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.