Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

marko1953
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

I am from Australia south of Sydney. I have a wedding on sunday at Maluaka Beach Maui. The bride has asked me to find a couple of good locations for a photo shoot. I am thinking the beach itself looks amazing from the photos but if anyone has local knowledge of nearby good spots I would appreciate it and if you are ever near Jervis Bay NSW Australia I will take you on a tour.

Nov 12, 2015 at 04:31 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

Anywhere in Maui. Seriously.

The area around Lahaina is gorgeous. Kaanapali is good too. Kihei is just ok. My best advice would be to get out of town a bit. The best places in Maui are like 10 minutes down the road. Personally I would take a drive north of Kaanapali for about 30-45 minutes and get out and explore. You'll see some amazing sites with no one around on the way.

Nov 12, 2015 at 09:03 AM
marko1953
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

Thanks Tony!

Nov 12, 2015 at 05:47 PM
Chris Cooke
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

I have done some wedding photos here:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/paako-cove-aka-secret-cove-aka-makena-cove-kihei

Really nice cove, great outcroppings of rocks. can get crowded but over all a great place

Nov 12, 2015 at 06:44 PM
XPO239
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

Road to Hana.

...I'm jk. Don't do that. Unless you and your clients are adventurous.

Nov 23, 2015 at 04:30 AM
form
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

Maui was pretty. The only dingy area I saw was around the main city and by the airport. The rest was full of good spots, from the northwest edge all the way down to the south, and then northeast past the main city it was nice too. Too much to work with, but there are also lots of mosquitoes in any greener areas.

Nov 23, 2015 at 09:46 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

XPO239 wrote:
Road to Hana.

...I'm jk. Don't do that. Unless you and your clients are adventurous.

Road to Hana is badass, if you have the unofficial guide to Maui or whatever to tell you where to stop and explore on the way. (The destination is the journey, not Hana, FYI)

Nov 23, 2015 at 01:10 PM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

I was just in Maui for a week. There is a great outlook right past, 1 mile, up the road from Mama's FishHouse. We stayed in Kapalua the entire time, and the Ritz Carlton has some amazing spots for shots.

The big banyan tree in Lahaina is awesome too. They can also do some candids in the market area of Front Street in Lahaina.

If they are from Maui, they will know all these spots.

Nov 29, 2015 at 08:57 PM
marko1953
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Anyone know spots in Maui for wedding photos?

Thanks to all who replied. Ended up doing a shoot on Maluaka beach up the other end to where the wedding was, tried to find a spot clear of people. Then we went back to The Palms Outrigger resort and used their beautiful grounds and then Gannons Restaurant Grounds for the sunset shots. There were heaps of people on the beach which I am not used to coming from Jervis Bay Australia where we have pretty much deserted beaches. Also found the local celebrant very different to what I am used to ..... just that he didn't have a PA or microphone so no-one could hear anything that was being said. The couple repeated their vows at the reception for everyone to hear. Also he had no idea how or where to "sign the register". Maybe US weddings don't have to sign anything straight after the ceremony? If anyone comes to the south coast of NSW Australia, Jervis Bay, look me up and I will show you around. We have the whitest sand in the world here. (Hyams Beach , Vincentia, NSW).

Dec 05, 2015 at 06:12 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.