New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Canon CPS Question

ox0312
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon CPS Question

I am a CPS gold member and with it comes a few clean and clear services.

My question is... can I send my 500mm f4 IS for a clean and check service? I am not original owner and I purchased the lens used from authorized USA dealer. Will that matter for service?

Thanks!

Nov 08, 2015 at 08:46 PM
Kathy White
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon CPS Question

My understanding is that anything it accepts for you to register for points on your CPS account is eligible for the clean and check.

Nov 08, 2015 at 09:09 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon CPS Question

ox0312 wrote:
I am a CPS gold member and with it comes a few clean and clear services.

My question is... can I send my 500mm f4 IS for a clean and check service? I am not original owner and I purchased the lens used from authorized USA dealer. Will that matter for service?

Thanks!

Yes, just make sure it is included under your "My CPS products" in your CPS account

Nov 08, 2015 at 11:13 PM
ox0312
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon CPS Question

docsmiles17 wrote:
Yes, just make sure it is included under your "My CPS products" in your CPS account

Kathy White wrote:
My understanding is that anything it accepts for you to register for points on your CPS account is eligible for the clean and check.

Thanks for the response. Anyone knows how to find serial number of a lens. It's a used lens and comes without any docs.

Nov 08, 2015 at 11:39 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon CPS Question

ox0312 wrote:
Thanks for the response. Anyone knows how to find serial number of a lens. It's a used lens and comes without any docs.

if yours has a serial on the lens, should be on the lens mount. I would think a authorized dealer would give you the serial on some type of doc (receipt, purchase agreement, etc.)

Nov 08, 2015 at 11:45 PM
ox0312
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon CPS Question

docsmiles17 wrote:
if yours has a serial on the lens, should be on the lens mount. I would think a authorized dealer would give you the serial on some type of doc (receipt, purchase agreement, etc.)

Lens mount has the date code but not serial number.

Nov 08, 2015 at 11:59 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon CPS Question

Check on the lens collar. Here is a link to a recent FS thread that shows a photo of the serial and location:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1393564/

Nov 09, 2015 at 05:09 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon CPS Question

Yes. Just find the serial, enter it into your registered products on the website. Then fill out the paperwork and send it off insured. Some pack and ship stores will insure against 'bad packing' if you pay an extra small fee for them to pack it. If your lens is damaged during ship they could easily say you didn't pack it well and not pay a claim.

Nov 09, 2015 at 07:12 AM
ox0312
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon CPS Question

mitesh wrote:
Check on the lens collar. Here is a link to a recent FS thread that shows a photo of the serial and location:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1393564/

Thanks! So, the number in the picture start with 354XX is serial number?

Nov 09, 2015 at 01:33 PM
Canon-Shooter

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon CPS Question

Thanks! So, the number in the picture start with 354XX is serial number?

Yes that is the SN!

Nov 09, 2015 at 01:45 PM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon CPS Question

Just an FYI.

If you have insurance for your gear, you may not have to insure through the carrier. You'd have to check with your insurer. I have State Farm and I don't have to insure the gear through the carrier as long as it can be tracked. The lens is insured via State Farm when shipping (part of the policy). This saves me tons on shipping my gear to CPS.

Nov 09, 2015 at 05:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.