Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunday with Emma

I visited Emma during my autumn holiday and we took some sunday photos

Sunday by Ville Kotimaki, on Flickr

This a part of the series I'm working on. The aim is to shoot pictures that somehow showcase the lazy and dreamy sunday-feeling. I take these photos with models I've worked with before and I know that we get along nicely

Thanks for looking

ps. There are a few more in Flickr.

Nov 08, 2015 at 06:52 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunday with Emma

Shot #4 looks genuine and is really a beautiful shot. The rest, she's trying to hard and the expressions don't look natural as a result.

Nov 08, 2015 at 08:24 AM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunday with Emma

Andre Labonte wrote:
Shot #4 looks genuine and is really a beautiful shot. The rest, she's trying to hard and the expressions don't look natural as a result.

Thank you for the feedback!

I find that the genuine happy emotions are much easier to get out from the model than anything else. Do you have any advice how to coach my model to be in more natural in this kind of dreamy and serene look?

Nov 08, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunday with Emma

VilleK wrote:
Thank you for the feedback!

I find that the genuine happy emotions are much easier to get out from the model than anything else. Do you have any advice how to coach my model to be in more natural in this kind of dreamy and serene look?

Gosh, I wish I could help you there ... I've never worked with models, I just do candid shots or sports. Post it as a question here in the people forum ... there are lots of great model photographers here on the forum.

Nov 08, 2015 at 12:36 PM
elorablue
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunday with Emma

Really like these. #1 has a great feel to it and #3 is a good pose. She is absolutely stunning but I didn't need to tell you that.
The only thing that bothers me is the background. Not sure why, maybe too "solid" and cuts a few of the shots right in the middle.
I like the idea behind the shoot. Try some shots the minute she wakes up

Great job.

Nov 09, 2015 at 10:47 AM
sasho_p
• •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunday with Emma

Superb quality and usage of the natural light. I love the idea behind those. Maybe some shots with her lying down on the couch or a bed could be more "lazy", or is it out of your concept ? A cup of tea/coffee for her to hold might add some sunday lazyness too and help her relax. #1 and #4 are my favourites.

Nov 11, 2015 at 05:46 PM
mb126
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sunday with Emma

Agree that a cup of tea might help these a LOT. I like #4, #3 looks extremely awkward to me. I like the idea of #2 but dislike the way her right hand is placed. If she was pushing her hair back behind her ear I think it might go better.

Interesting concept and I think these are very close. The wardrobe and lack of make up is perfect. Also very nice use of natural light.

Nov 11, 2015 at 06:15 PM
BokehBeauty
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sunday with Emma

I like #5 best. It's great that you kept the beautiful girl without (man-visible) make-up in smooth natural lighting.

Nov 11, 2015 at 09:34 PM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Sunday with Emma

elorablue wrote:
Really like these. #1 has a great feel to it and #3 is a good pose. She is absolutely stunning but I didn't need to tell you that.
The only thing that bothers me is the background. Not sure why, maybe too "solid" and cuts a few of the shots right in the middle.
I like the idea behind the shoot. Try some shots the minute she wakes up

Great job.

Thank you for the positive feedback! The natural light in her apartment was constraining shooting directions and framing a bit. I was hoping for a cloudy day but we got sunlight which was more restrictive.

sasho_p wrote:
Superb quality and usage of the natural light. I love the idea behind those. Maybe some shots with her lying down on the couch or a bed could be more "lazy", or is it out of your concept ? A cup of tea/coffee for her to hold might add some sunday lazyness too and help her relax. #1 and #4 are my favourites.

Thank you! You are right about the laying poses we should've tried those. I'll keep that in mind when I do my next shoot with the same theme And the coffee cup as well!

mb126 wrote:
Agree that a cup of tea might help these a LOT. I like #4, #3 looks extremely awkward to me. I like the idea of #2 but dislike the way her right hand is placed. If she was pushing her hair back behind her ear I think it might go better.

Interesting concept and I think these are very close. The wardrobe and lack of make up is perfect. Also very nice use of natural light.

Thanks for the comment! #3 is not so natural pose compared to the others but I still like it. The hair and her expression look very good to me. It's also nice to hear that styling works as I was responsible for that

BokehBeauty wrote:
I like #5 best. It's great that you kept the beautiful girl without (man-visible) make-up in smooth natural lighting.

Thank you!

Nov 12, 2015 at 03:00 PM
MJRobinson

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Sunday with Emma

This is a great set! Very nice use of natural light. I like your neutral color palette; I think it adds to your lazy theme. I really like the wardrobe choice in #2--that silk floral looks very comfy while at the same time adding a beautiful feminine touch to the scene. Great job.

I do agree with Andre though that a few of them look a little too forced. It also bugged me that she hand a hand up and at chin level for the majority of the shots. Different positions but they still all just ran together as being too similar.

I think sasho_p's suggestions are spot on!

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:19 PM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Sunday with Emma

I like # 4 the best too. She looks more natural. Great images of a very attractive girl.

Nov 14, 2015 at 07:29 AM
VilleK
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Sunday with Emma

MJRobinson wrote:
This is a great set! Very nice use of natural light. I like your neutral color palette; I think it adds to your lazy theme. I really like the wardrobe choice in #2--that silk floral looks very comfy while at the same time adding a beautiful feminine touch to the scene. Great job.

I do agree with Andre though that a few of them look a little too forced. It also bugged me that she hand a hand up and at chin level for the majority of the shots. Different positions but they still all just ran together as being too
...Show more

Thank you for the feedback and compliments! I try to improve when I shoot my next set

DaveOls wrote:
I like # 4 the best too. She looks more natural. Great images of a very attractive girl.

Thanks for the comment!

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.