Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2015 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Heavenhated
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Both, buyer and seller's credibility are probably in doubt by several people by now.

Because they used paypal gift? Paypal is the worst way to deal with as a seller. It doesnt protect as much as it does for a buyer. And two established folks dealing without paypal and sending it as a gift is nothing wrong untill paypal makes it easier for sellers as well.

Nov 06, 2015 at 12:10 AM
RobCD
• • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Pepe Guitarra wrote:
Exactly. Some hackers hijack honest people accounts and do something like that. If the buyer is a regular of FM, he may just be afraid that by returning the lens, he has no protection at all because it was a gift. Different from the first time when he sent the money for purchase of the item. This is a return.

How is it different from the first time? The buyer had no protection the first time. He sent money using Paypal gift to the seller without having the lens and that would be the same if the buyer ships the lens back before being refunded. If the seller was going to take Paypal gift money and keep the lens then he could have done it already.

Nov 06, 2015 at 12:11 AM
buthurt
• •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Given the price of the items and the risks, maybe one side can fly in to where the other side is at and both party share the cost? Tickets aren't that expensive these days...

Nov 06, 2015 at 12:14 AM
buthurt
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

I used to do that when I was new. Heck I wanted everything to match between box, card, lens, camera, whatever. Thinking back that was stupid. Once I started buying 30 year old AI lens that habit went away...

Nov 06, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Heavenhated
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

How is it different from the first time? The buyer had no protection the first time

Rob you miss a point. The buyer chose to buy it via gift. The seller was offering paypal with 3%. In this case the buyer decided to take the gift route. Your point is valid if it was not a conscious decision from Buyer.

Nov 06, 2015 at 12:28 AM
rbtstock

p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Dont sweat this issue just kindly let him know the following, No lens, no refund Period! no discount, NADA! you did nothing wrong so Dont sweat it!

Nov 06, 2015 at 12:52 AM
RobCD
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Heavenhated wrote:
How is it different from the first time? The buyer had no protection the first time

Rob you miss a point. The buyer chose to buy it via gift. The seller was offering paypal with 3%. In this case the buyer decided to take the gift route. Your point is valid if it was not a conscious decision from Buyer.

Yes the buyer chose to buy via gift and had no protection and now the buyer can choose to return with no protection.... still not sure what point it is that I'm missing.

Nov 06, 2015 at 01:10 AM
eggcellent
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

RobCD wrote:
Yes the buyer chose to buy via gift and had no protection and now the buyer can choose to return with no protection.... still not sure what point it is that I'm missing.

I always use regular paypal 3% and absorbed all paypal fee and shipping. Buyer offered paypal gift. I am fine with it because he has high feedback on FM forum (over 100+)

Anyway, i offered partial refund $100 for mismatch original box and move on. This transaction took too much time and energy from me. I do not want to take any risk on return item from same buyer anyway.

Thank you FM members for helping me on this issue. You guys are true hero.

Edited on Nov 06, 2015 at 01:23 AM · View previous versions

Nov 06, 2015 at 01:18 AM
eggcellent
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Pepe Guitarra wrote:
Honestly, using GIFT when doing a transaction to cheat Paypal from their profits is probably not the correct way to develop credibility. Both, buyer and seller's credibility are probably in doubt by several people by now.

I always use regular paypal 3% and absorbed all paypal fee and shipping. I trusted buyer using paypal fee due to 100+ positive feedback on FM forum.

If you doubt about my credibility, you can check my recent transaction and current feedback.

Nov 06, 2015 at 01:20 AM
Heavenhated
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

es the buyer chose to buy via gift and had no protection and now the buyer can choose to return with no protection.... still not sure what point it is that I'm missing.

I misread. I understand you were simply stating that the buyer should return the lens before money is refunded. Now i understand. Sorry for the confusion.

Nov 06, 2015 at 01:40 AM
Pepe Guitarra
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Well, I just analyzed the case: accepting payment as a gift is against Paypal interest, because you deprive them from a profit that they are entitled to get because of a service they offered and you used. Not judging, only commenting that by cheating Paypal, you and the buyer may have become cheaters. That is all, the truth. Let me illustrate with an example: I got a speeding ticket, the cop told me you will get a letter with the amount. One month passed and I did get a letter from a collection agency saying that I owed $120 for the ticket and $300 penalty fee. Immediately I read the ticket and it said that you should go next day to court and pay the ticket. I decided to go in front of the Judge. He asked me: what do you do for living? I mentioned what I do (what I do requires several graduate degrees that I have), then he said: You go and pay the $420 immediately. If you tell me that you cannot read,then I may have reduced the $300 fee, but if you are well educated (...and know the law!) you should have at least read the ticket immediately and realized that you needed to pay the following week. Ignorance of the law does not excuse breaking it.!

Nov 08, 2015 at 02:18 AM
mmurph
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Tell teh buyer to cut the UPC out with the serial number, like it was used for a rebate. Problem solved. Give him $50 for a damaged box ....

As long as you have the receipt with the serial number showing the purchase, that is all that is needed.

I would not refund the money until I got teh lens back. This just seems weird and petty, it doesn't feel right. You have good feedback, no reason that he shouldn't trust you. If he is afraid of the risk, he can just keep teh lens. No risk that way.

Good luck!

Nov 17, 2015 at 03:46 AM
haifangshi

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

What's wrong with the lens ? if the lens is working perfectly, and only he insists on the serial not match and asks for full refund ??

In this case, never refund till you get back the lens, if there is a solution, I suggest a middle man whom he sends the lens to and you send the money to that middle man.

Nov 17, 2015 at 04:51 AM
ssherman
• • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

So the box has a different SN, what does it matter? Is he buying a lens or a box?
Nikon could give a crap about the box and without original receipt in the buyers name the warranty is void regardless. Nikon will not honor warranty to 2nd owners.

Nov 17, 2015 at 09:05 AM
TR3B
• • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

Seller offered compensation.
He has gone above and beyond in my eyes. $100- seems high

If not, buyer can have all his funds back as soon as seller receives lens. Not before. Fair!
Close it and move forward with both showing integrity

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Nmanuel01

p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Urgent! Issues with buyer. Asking to refund before shipping item back.

He gifted the money which is something I wouldn't do. However, the ball is in your court and if he isn't being reasonable use that to your advantage.

Nov 20, 2015 at 01:01 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.