New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sun star and a Selfie

lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sun star and a Selfie

I went up to my favorite spot Friday evening to see if I could catch the fall colors from this vantage point. I was a little worried that I was going to have a boring solid blue sky but right at the last minute a few clouds came in to give me a little color.

These are more of goofing around shots that I took before and after the main event. I still need to pp my main shots but these caught my eye as I didn't expect them to be much of anything. I'm not one to take a selfie but thought I'd snap a few while I was enjoying the final show before packing up and driving home. It's something I've never tried before and thought what the hell.

The sun star shot had my usual sun flares to contend with but I think I corrected them such that they're not overpowering or a distraction. I blew the water highlights and can't recover anything there. Does that kill this shot? The selfie is.. well... a good selfie for me and was safest for my camera and lens.

Do these have anything going for them or are they just that, goofing off shots?

Dave

Nov 02, 2015 at 02:28 PM
WalterF
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sun star and a Selfie

Nice sunstar, I don't think the water highlight ruins the shot. Looks like a nice vantage point, you did a good job minimizing lens flare it is not a distraction at all.

The selfie looks like a happy snap, can't wait to see the main show.

Walt

Nov 02, 2015 at 03:06 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.