New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · ColorChecker Passport Software Issue with Mac

hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ColorChecker Passport Software Issue with Mac

Posted this in the general forum but got zero replies since yesterday, so maybe you guys are more familiar with this My ColorChecker Passport software is not able to create a profile. The message I get:

"Couldn't create a profile. An unknown error has occurred. If restarting the application does not fix this problem contact technical support."

I've tried the stand alone software and the Lightroom plugin, and nothing seems to be working. The software is up to date. My work around is to save the profile to the Desktop and then manually copy it to the Cameraprofiles folder. However, as you know, this beats the purpose of having a smooth workflow.

I am running El Capitan OS.

Oct 29, 2015 at 05:39 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ColorChecker Passport Software Issue with Mac

My first suggestion is to check the mfg's website / community forum to see if this might be a known issue that has cropped up with El Capitan. Doesn't hurt to email their support group about the issue as well.

Oct 30, 2015 at 07:50 AM
pr4photos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ColorChecker Passport Software Issue with Mac

Not had a problem here, and I run El Capitan

Oct 30, 2015 at 08:55 AM
AnnJS
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ColorChecker Passport Software Issue with Mac

Try using x-Rite's software which works from a DNG instead of using the Lr plug-in.

Then save your Profiles into the correct folder and reboot and Lr and ACR will find the new profiles.

Also make sure that you follow instructions when positioning and shooting the Passport target.

My experience is that Camera Profiles for my Nikons that were built via DNG are far more accurate and useful than the ones created through the Lr plug-in.

It seems likely that a different protocol is being used but I have never been able to discover which.

Nov 01, 2015 at 09:33 PM
hijazist
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ColorChecker Passport Software Issue with Mac

Thanks guys... Annjs, that's exactly what I'm doing as I mentioned, it just makes the process a tad longer

Nov 02, 2015 at 02:28 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.