Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Sold: Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

andy970

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

Sold

Price: $2,975.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: buyer pays for USPS shipping and any paypal fee

Contax 645 kit with Zeiss 80mm, Maxwell screen, 120/220 back and insert, prism, extended battery grip -only a few scratches on the prism otherwise great condition.

I truly hate to sell this camera but just don't use it enough. It is a Contax 645 Body with Carl Zeiss 80mm 2.0 Lens, a AE Prism Finder MF1, a MFB-1 Film Back Holder, and a MFB-1A 120/220 Film Insert. The body also has been upgraded with a Maxwell Precision Optics HI-LUX Focus Screens. I'm not sure how Bill Maxwell does his magic but, it's so much brighter that it's like a light has been flipped on .... especially in low light situations. I don't remember the exact cost but I think the Maxwell screen was in the area of $375. It's in great working order with a fresh battery + 3 extras. The auto focus is right on and smooth. The lens is clean, clear, & bright with just a few areas of paint brassing from normal use. The previous owner misplaced the original lens cap but, I have a 72mm Canon cap that fits perfectly and will come with it. All of the controls are smooth and crisp and the light meter checks out perfectly with my hand held meter. As the pictures show there is some cosmetic wear on the top of the prism finder. It has a few small areas of paint wear along the top edge and it was also missing the eye cup. I replaced it with a Nikon Eye cup which is a perfect replacement.

Edited on Oct 29, 2015 at 02:27 PM · View previous versions

Oct 28, 2015 at 01:09 PM
brookerg

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

Hey Andy970,

Have you had this camera serviced lately? Do you have a trial period to make sure the camera is working properly?
I am looking for a second camera for my kit and this one looks great but would like to see if I can run a roll through it.

Thanks,
Gayle

Oct 29, 2015 at 08:39 AM
brookerg

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

One other question, can you post a few images of the plate side of the back? Also, I see a piece of black tape on the lens - what's the reasoning behind that ?

Thank you,
Gayle

Oct 29, 2015 at 08:42 AM
andy970

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

Gayle,

I have not had it serviced lately. Once you receive it, if it's not working properly, feel free to send it back. I would ask that you pay the shipping costs.

The tape is to hold the aperture ring at f/2. It stays locked in fine, I just like to be extra careful that it doesn't slip out to f/16

Oct 29, 2015 at 02:21 PM
LizWangPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

PM'd for references.

Edited on Oct 31, 2015 at 01:50 PM · View previous versions

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:42 AM
LizWangPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Contax 645 w/ Zeiss 80mm lens + Maxwell screen

Seller responded to request for references...checking them out, but seems legit. Welcome to FM!

Edited on Oct 31, 2015 at 01:50 PM · View previous versions

Oct 31, 2015 at 04:15 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.