Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

I just noticed on B&H that Induro is making a more systematic-type tripod with no center column. No reviews so it must be very new. I'd love to hear thoughts if anyone has experience with these.

Thanks! Sharon

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM
gcuff
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

Art Morris (BirdsAsArt.com) is raving about them and is pushing them instead of Gitzo through his online store.

Geoff

Oct 27, 2015 at 01:23 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

^ Well, that's the kiss of death

Sharon, thanks for last night.

Oct 27, 2015 at 01:28 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

trenchmonkey wrote:
^ Well, that's the kiss of death

Sharon, thanks for last night.

Shhhhh = That's between us.

(Thank you - very helpful and very nice to know you, Will.)

Edited on Oct 27, 2015 at 02:16 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2015 at 02:11 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

gcuff wrote:
Art Morris (BirdsAsArt.com) is raving about them and is pushing them instead of Gitzo through his online store.

Geoff

Thanks, Geoff - Always wonder how much stock to take in these endorsements.

Oct 27, 2015 at 02:14 PM
johnvanr
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

Sharona wrote:
Thanks, Geoff - Always wonder how much stock to take in these endorsements.

I attended a seminar by Art Morris at B&H where he promoted the Induro (a few days later he put up his blog post about them). After the talk I compared the Induro with the Gitzo. For about half the price, I went with the Induro. I can't yet say how well it performs, because I haven't used it in the wild yet. It sets up wide and sturdy, though, and I feel confident about using it.

The reason he promotes the Induro is probably two-fold: one, he probably gets something from Induro in return; two, he was fed up with the corrosion on his Gitzos, which apparently isn't an issue with the Induro.

The latter doesn't matter to me, but the price difference did.

Oct 27, 2015 at 02:28 PM
Hutch
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

Several years ago I decided to save some money, take a chance and try Induro after my Gitzo was stolen. Since then it has taken heavy use and abuse and served me well. Do to what was likely my own fault, I recently started to experience problems tightening the legs and called their parts department to see if I could purchase a new "spider". The rep couldn't have been more pleasant, gave me suggestions to avoid the problem in the future and replaced the part under warranty, without question and free shipping. I'm a fan!

Oct 27, 2015 at 04:54 PM
JameelH
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

I have been using a Benro systematic (the 3780) for about 3 years now. Has been a solid performer. The induro are likely the same design (the company anyway).

Oct 27, 2015 at 05:15 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

Thanks everyone for responding. I will be getting a one-series, three-section Induro from B&H on Thursday. I needed something lighter for walking/hiking and lighter set ups. It does have the center column but is also a newer design. If anyone wants to know about it I'll be happy to report. I personally prefer no center column, but I don't think they offer the one series in this configuration. The systematic types have some funky looking feet - I think that's why I completely ignored them at first glance.

Oct 27, 2015 at 07:25 PM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

Those feet are what Benro are putting on their current design range so obviously they're migrating over to Induro which is unfortunate. Hopefully there's a 3/8"-16 socket in the bottom leg section so you can remove those pad things and install some Gitzo feet. That is if you can get them out of Manfrotto Distribution, which is a big if.

Oct 28, 2015 at 08:15 AM
JameelH
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

The Feet are indeed removable 3/16th thread) and both spikes as well as regular rubber feet can b installed. You can also get RRS rubber feet which are easily available.

Oct 28, 2015 at 08:57 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

I just checked Induro's website and it says that traditional rubber feet also come with the tripod. But it doesn't list that on B&H's site. Sounds easily remedied, at any rate!

Oct 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM
peter_n
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

That's good, Benro/Induro are fairly decent with the extras. I actually don't like the tripods that come with non-removable spiked feet but have rubber cups that cover them. I've tried one or two of them but they don't seem that secure to me. I look for standard 3/8"-16 bottom sockets as I use regular, spike and claw feet on my tripods.

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:08 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

I saw the newer Induros at B&H last week, in-store. They looked incredibly solid. My own Induro, which is around 5 years old (CX-213), has held up wonderfully for me, and still works like new. I would have no qualms about buying another Induro when/if the time comes.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

I just received my Induro CLT 103 today. I probably need to sit with it before I make any judgements, but initial thought is that I don't think it will work for me. I think I'd need at least a 2 series, and if I did that I'd likely go with the newer, no column design. It is nice to see what the smaller tripods look like. Since I'm only used to 2 or 3 series RRS tripods, of course there is a huge difference. (And I did expect as much, and the $$ reflect that, so not a complaint.)

For those who have the Induros, do the leg sections always slip out so quickly? The RRS legs are pretty tight, and you have to use pressure to get them to extend. As I loosened the tightening knob, I thought the leg section was going to drop right off, it just slid right down!

Oct 29, 2015 at 02:31 PM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

ms. Sharon, curious about the center column that they originally supplied, was it about 5inches in length or closer to 12"..website said comes supplied with short column and previously induros came with the longer column and one was required to purchase the shorter if that was your preference, thanks for your time

Oct 29, 2015 at 06:58 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

Craig - It comes with both. The longer column is installed, and the shorter one is in the supplied bag, along with the tools and spiked feet.

Oct 29, 2015 at 09:17 PM
craig_k
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Has anyone seen or used the new Induros sans column?

ms. Sharon, wow, how cool is that..great products, someone in marketing is either listening to the gallery or innovative, either way its a positive move on their part

Oct 30, 2015 at 01:23 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.