Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

Dinto.davis

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

hi,would like to know if some one have experimented with pentax lenses with nikon body. i got two pentax lenses and i am going to buy a body. i know pentax lenses would work on canon easly. but i like nikon body than canon and the same way i want to use these lenses. so will some one give an advise if i buy aa pentax k to nikon f mount adapter with a corrective lense will it work. thank you all

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:41 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

Dinto.davis wrote:
... if i buy aa pentax k to nikon f mount adapter with a corrective lense will it work.

I haven't done this, as I use Canon DSLR, but yes certainly should work. OTOH, the optics will at least slightly degrade the image quality. The optics on most relatively inexpensive, generic adapters will likely have a large and negative effect on IQ.

Leitax mount kits allow you to use Leica-R, Contax C/Y, and Olympus OM lenses on Nikon DSLR. I use five types of Leitax mounts on my Canon cameras. They're all excellent quality, but they're not cheap.

http://www.leitax.com/

Oct 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

Don't waste your time and money. Either get a Pentax body, or sell your lenses and get a Nikon body/lens combo.

You will be happier.

Oct 24, 2015 at 03:33 PM
Dinto.davis

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

you mean it won't work ?

Oct 24, 2015 at 04:21 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

Dinto.davis wrote:
hi,would like to know if some one have experimented with pentax lenses with nikon body. i got two pentax lenses and i am going to buy a body. i know pentax lenses would work on canon easly. but i like nikon body than canon and the same way i want to use these lenses. so will some one give an advise if i buy aa pentax k to nikon f mount adapter with a corrective lense will it work. thank you all

Any adapter with a corrective lens will degrade the image - often enough to completely destroy the sharpness/rendering that you love about the lens.

Which two lenses do you have that you want to use on a Nikon body ? The only Pentax lens that I loved enough to keep (for a year or two after I made the switch) was the 77 Ltd., I even sold the 43 Ltd. Wish I had kept the 77 for the Sony 7 range !

Oct 26, 2015 at 07:18 AM
Dinto.davis

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

it is pentax 50mm f/2 and a 70-210mm f/4.5 lenses. both are in well condition with out any fungas and hazards. i am a biginer photographer and i like prime lenses. unfortunatily i have not enough to buy mordern primes
today i recived pk to nikon f adapter and the corrective lens seems to be a quality one. i paid 20euros for that

Oct 26, 2015 at 08:04 AM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

Dinto.davis wrote:
it is pentax 50mm f/2 and a 70-210mm f/4.5 lenses. both are in well condition with out any fungas and hazards. i am a biginer photographer and i like prime lenses. unfortunatily i have not enough to buy mordern primes
today i recived pk to nikon f adapter and the corrective lens seems to be a quality one. i paid 20euros for that

I've already given an opinion on adapters with corrective glass - it hasn't changed

Nikon have a wonderful 50/1.8g (ca. €185) that is very good value and highly rated. I'd also suggest the Nikon 70-210 / 4-5.6 D that is very very good for ca. US$80 - 100 in 'As New' condition. It won't cost you much at all to switch to Nikon lenses and I really don't see the point in trying to keep those two PK lenses when you can get equal or better Nikon AF lenses for next to nothing (after selling your PK lenses). Try and return the adapter quick !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-AF-S-NIKKOR-50mm-1-8G/dp/B004Y1AYAC

Oct 27, 2015 at 02:15 AM
Dinto.davis

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

yes man i think that would be a good choice instead of playing with vintage lenses.any how i bought the adapter. i will let you all know how it went and will considering to buy a 50mm nikon gear

Oct 27, 2015 at 02:57 AM
Dinto.davis

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · is it possible to use a pentax k miunt lens on a nikon d3200???

will these 50mm 1.8g will auto focus in d3200

Oct 27, 2015 at 02:59 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.