New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Help with Olympus Evolt E-30 IS system

rwingsfan
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with Olympus Evolt E-30 IS system

Picked up a E-30 the other day and trying to determine if the IS is working or not. All that I have read says that IS cannot be viewed through the VF like on my OMD-EM1 but that can be viewed and heard in LV. Anyway I switch to LV, hit the OK button for 10X magnification the picture jumps while focusing then for a brief instance stabilizes then returns to jumpy. I do not hear any IS working either. Now when I shut it off I hear a rattle. How can I test to make sure IS is functioning correctly?

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:49 AM
mawz
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with Olympus Evolt E-30 IS system

rwingsfan wrote:
Picked up a E-30 the other day and trying to determine if the IS is working or not. All that I have read says that IS cannot be viewed through the VF like on my OMD-EM1 but that can be viewed and heard in LV. Anyway I switch to LV, hit the OK button for 10X magnification the picture jumps while focusing then for a brief instance stabilizes then returns to jumpy. I do not hear any IS working either. Now when I shut it off I hear a rattle. How can I test to make sure IS is functioning
...Show more

The IS system is quite quiet in the E-30, unlike the E-M1. You will hear a rattle when shut off, but little noise when engaged.

Best way to test is to take a set of handheld exposures at 1/15 of a second or slower. If the majority aren't blurred, your IS system is working.

I don't recall IS being visible in LV on the E-30, but it's been a few years since I sold mine.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:55 PM
rwingsfan
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help with Olympus Evolt E-30 IS system

Seems that IS working as it should. Thanks

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:24 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.