Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

jimbob
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

After many attempts I have come up with no information on this macro zoom. Are there any enthusiasts out there who have any knowledge to share on this lens. Who was the manufacturer etc. This is from my film days.
The Canon forum also has no info. Regards.

Oct 21, 2015 at 03:07 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

I have one in Pentax K mount. AFAIK Jack Hannes was the manufacturer.
The name came from his last name Han-im(port)-ex(port) Hanimex.
Pretty decent multicoated zoom from f5.6 > paired mine with a
24-70 Vivitar Series 1 and a few fast primes. That's all I've got.

Oh...mine was the f4 Macro, dunno about the f4.5

Oct 21, 2015 at 03:23 PM
jimbob
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

Thank you trenchmonkey for the information to the maker. Mine is also the multicoated macro. It is so new and well made I just couldn't turn it down whenever I saw it. We go back quite a while here on the forum. Regards.

Oct 21, 2015 at 04:47 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

Canon FD... there's a blast from the past. I have a complete off-camera flash kit for the T90 if you're interested.

Oct 21, 2015 at 05:17 PM
jimbob
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

Hello Ho1972,
Thanks for the reply. My shoebox of luckies is overflowing with so much flash Stuff that hasn't seen the daylight in so long. I am a little late in replying as I was watching the baseball on TV. One millionaire throws and another millionaire hits and then another catches.):
Regards.

Oct 21, 2015 at 07:12 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

jimbob wrote:
Hello Ho1972,
Thanks for the reply. My shoebox of luckies is overflowing with so much flash Stuff that hasn't seen the daylight in so long. I am a little late in replying as I was watching the baseball on TV. One millionaire throws and another millionaire hits and then another catches.):
Regards.

No problem, enjoy the game. I'm *not* watching since I have no interest in what millionaires do with their balls.

Oct 22, 2015 at 03:35 AM
jimbob
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

Jim.

Oct 22, 2015 at 09:39 AM
duronboy
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

Some post somewhere said Hanimex and Rokinon were the same thing. If so, I have a Rokinon Pentax version of that lens. Got an EF adapter and while it focuses to infinity, it doesn't offer much detail. The push/pull zoom feels quite smooth, the mostly metal construction, and the constant aperture gave me high hopes. But it's junk for stills on a crop body, especially wide open. May be fine for video on a full frame, if the aperture control was ground off. As is for full frame bodies, I believe that would hit a mirror.

Oct 23, 2015 at 01:05 AM
jimbob
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Hanimex 80-200 f 4.5 in Canon FD mount.

Hello duronboy,
Thank you for the feed back, the link to the Rokinon Pentax version was nice to see. As you say it is a very smooth zoom push pull control and the focus is also so precise. I have an eight millemetre Samyang fish eye for the Canon 40D, mine has been renamed Rokinon but I have a friend with the same lens and his is called a Bower. I guess the original maker will put any name you want on the particular lenses IF you order a minimum of 500 to a 1000 units.
Regards.
Jim.

Oct 23, 2015 at 08:36 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.