p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D7100 problem

My D7100 has worked flawlessly.

Edited on Oct 30, 2015 at 04:04 PM · View previous versions

Oct 20, 2015 at 04:40 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D7100 problem

That is bizarre. I have never had a problem with my 85 f/1.4d on any of my bodies including 2 D7100s. As you've repeated this and got the same results with multiple copies of the lens, I would definitely think it is to do with your camera body. Have you tried doing a reset of the camera settings? You can back them up on an SD card in case this doesn't help. What other AF-D lenses have you tested and have you used them recently?

Oct 21, 2015 at 07:46 AM
Gardener

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D7100 problem

Hi
I'm by no means an expert, but my 50mm 1.8D is locked at the lowest possible number ( biggest opening ), and it works fine.
Try locking your 85 at the lowest number possible. ( I can't lock it at 1.8, but at f4 )

Oct 21, 2015 at 09:03 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D7100 problem

Gardener wrote:
Hi
I'm by no means an expert, but my 50mm 1.8D is locked at the lowest possible number ( biggest opening ), and it works fine.
Try locking your 85 at the lowest number possible. ( I can't lock it at 1.8, but at f4 )

That'd be backwards, it needs to be locked at f/22, the smallest aperture setting. The mechanism inside the lens is spring loaded so that is the resting state. The aperture control from the camera body is a mechanical arm that moves it to larger settings. If locked at anything other than f/22, the camera will not have access to other smaller apertures beyond where it is locked...and it will throw the EE error message.

Oct 21, 2015 at 01:30 PM
Gardener

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D7100 problem

Sorry, you are absolutely right.
I just looked at the red dot. It is locked at f22.
My mistake.

Oct 21, 2015 at 02:09 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.