Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

johnnycake
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

Price: $950.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: Los Angeles pickup or you pay shipping

sold my frontier w/ auto carrier to Josiah here at the forums. I've got another one with the manual carrier. You just have to push it in per frame; strips of 6 in the carrier. Still scans 35mm really quickly and I have the carrier for slide mounts.

Oct 20, 2015 at 03:03 AM
matthewm
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

Worked with a lot of Fuji Frontier equipment in my college days while working at Ritz/Wolf Cameras (both small and large equipment). These are fantastic machines.

Oct 20, 2015 at 03:16 PM
terencepatrick
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

So does the SP500 accept some kind of auto carrier for automated scans? Or is the whole operation one-frame-at-a-time?

Nov 02, 2015 at 11:47 PM
johnnycake
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

Hi Terrance,

I also PM'ed you.

Yes there is an automated scanner module. All you'll need to do is to replace the carrier that's in it right now. Very simple process. You pull out the manual carrier, you insert the auto carrier.

Using the manual carrier, you cut your film in strips of 6. Insert the strip, scan a frame in a few seconds, then move on to the next frame. Much faster than a flat bed.

terencepatrick wrote:
So does the SP500 accept some kind of auto carrier for automated scans? Or is the whole operation one-frame-at-a-time?

Nov 03, 2015 at 12:37 AM
tuannie
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

I want to scan my old 35mm. The film is scratched, I tried scanning them on a flatbed and the digital ice feature is not that great. Will this do any better in terms of scratches and etc Also, where are you in Los Angeles?

Feb 08, 2016 at 10:48 AM
johnnycake
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji Frontier Sp500 w/ Manual Carrier

Hi! Sorry I forgot to change my post to sold.

This unit doesn't have digital ICE so you'll still have to retouch your scratches. You'll need to use the Fuji sp-3000 which is what some big labs use. Richard photo lab, little film lab, etc.

A cheaper alternative is to find a Kodak Pakon 135+ or regular. ICE is great on those.

I'm in panorama city just above van Nuys.

I just upgraded to a frontier 2500 and will receive the shipment within the next couple weeks. PM me if you wanna try scanning some film on that machine.

tuannie wrote:
I want to scan my old 35mm. The film is scratched, I tried scanning them on a flatbed and the digital ice feature is not that great. Will this do any better in terms of scratches and etc Also, where are you in Los Angeles?

Feb 08, 2016 at 01:16 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.