Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

Nuchuga
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

When i say both complete crap or beautiful blur, i dont mean it literally however i cannot decide whether i like the unintentional blur in this photo! I have a sharp, in focus one however i think this one has a mysterious personality to it! Possibly would have been better if the center of the focal point was her hand and not her elbow!

© Kurtz Photography 2015

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:53 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

I do not personally like the image... Sorry, but OOF is extreme. Jim

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:20 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

If you dig the mystery / blur vibe ... you might PP your in focus one in that direction so that you have control over the sharp vs. oof such that it renders your desired message.

I understand what you're saying about the bokeh quality, but I think the image is mostly be a swing & a miss (the miss is obvious), but the captured expression is engaging. I'm assuming the in focus one captures the same (or nearly so) engaging expression.

Oct 20, 2015 at 07:23 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

Your eye naturally seeks out an areas of sharp focus in an image. Once it finds that area, the eye rests on it, before beginning to explore other areas of the image. The eye will keep returning to that area of sharp focus. In an image without an area of sharp focus, the eye and the brain start to get frustrated.

There are probably exceptions to this rule, perhaps when colors and shapes and "atmosphere" become strong compositional elements.

In this case, your image would have worked better if you had something in the frame in sharp focus, like her hand or her face.

Steve

Oct 20, 2015 at 07:52 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

sorry, needs some area of sharp focus as Steve said
Scott

Oct 20, 2015 at 08:56 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

+1 @ most of what's being said - I think that sharp eyes and OOF hand could work nicely with a little more room up top and less on the bottom.

Cheers!

Jeff

Oct 20, 2015 at 09:52 AM
pjbuehner
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Complete crap or beautiful blur?

Sharp hand could have worked or sharp eyes but a sharp elbow doesn't work for me. I am sure that your sharp version is great. I like the composition and lighting of the image, focus aside.

Oct 23, 2015 at 06:19 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.