New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Topaz Impression recent works

Markkoe

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Topaz Impression recent works

This software is pretty intuitive and has many creative options, except for adding a mask. Anyone have a solution for that feature that I'm not finding in the menu's?

Best Regards,
Markoe

Saturday's soccer

Riding Jikkee

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Topaz Impression recent works

I like #2.

On their web site they say they don't currently have masking. Whether that means they'll have it eventually...

I've been using Smart Objects and using the filter mask to control the effects over faces, etc. Doing it that way allows one to experiment and apply the mask and Impressions iteratively, allowing for experimentation.

Oct 30, 2015 at 09:29 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Topaz Impression recent works

I have never found a need to use masks with Topaz filters. Just select the part(s) of the image you want the filter applied to. Since the effect can often be too strong, just use the Photoshop Fade to lessen the effect to the strength you want.

There is absolutely no need to use masks to apply different filter effects to different areas of the image.

Nov 01, 2015 at 01:51 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Topaz Impression recent works

Nicely done. The last is my favorite.

Birdie

Nov 01, 2015 at 05:42 PM
Bernie
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Topaz Impression recent works

Imagemaster wrote:
There is absolutely no need to use masks to apply different filter effects to different areas of the image.

Tony, that may have applied with their past filters, but I will disagree with you on the new Topaz Impressions. Using some of the effects full force such as some of the impresionistic presets work wonderfully on backgrounds but can produce absolutely goulish or cartoonish faces. Just like the artists who use these styles, the brushwork needs to be adjusted where detail is needed.

So masking allows one to either soften the effect or overlay a masked version with finer brushstrokes and/or other adjustments where it's needed -- like hands and faces..

Nov 23, 2015 at 06:28 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Topaz Impression recent works

Bernie wrote:
So masking allows one to either soften the effect or overlay a masked version with finer brushstrokes and/or other adjustments where it's needed -- like hands and faces..

Yes, Bernie, you can use masking to do that. However, I can still do the same thing without using masking. I can simply select hands and faces and apply different filters to that selection, then inverse the selection and apply different filters to the inverted selection. I can also Fade the effects of any filter on any selection. No masking required.

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:09 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art, Smartphone & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.