Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

Very odd thing happened today.

I had that problem with my Nikon D3 a while back where it was randomly giving me crazy file problems in LR etc.
Sent the camera in to the repair shop in Chicago I normally use. They called me back right away and said it would take a while to source parts etc. and make repairs. Whatever I would be out of town so I didn't mind.
Called me back today and told me they could not fix the camera and had to send it to Nikon. Nikon could not fix the camera. Since they negotiated the dealings with Nikon, Nikon ended up giving me a new D3 (well not new but a refurbed one) with 1500 clicks.

All I have to pay is the original parts and labor costs of like 480$.

Send your stuff here...they are legit gangsters when it comes to repairing cameras.

www .http://nikoncamerarepair.com/

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:23 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

hardlyboring wrote:
Very odd thing happened today.

I had that problem with my Nikon D3 a while back where it was randomly giving me crazy file problems in LR etc.
Sent the camera in to the repair shop in Chicago I normally use. They called me back right away and said it would take a while to source parts etc. and make repairs. Whatever I would be out of town so I didn't mind.
Called me back today and told me they could not fix the camera and had to send it to Nikon. Nikon could not fix the camera. Since they negotiated
...Show more

Wait, I presume this is out of warranty right?

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:30 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

Oh ya haha
the camera was old and I bought it used long ago.
I am not sure how many shots it had on it but I presume a lot since I put well over 100k clicks on it.
I am thinking my insurance will cover about half of the 500$ repair cost which means I get a new camera for like 250$. Not bad IMO. And now this one has a 6 month warranty on it.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:37 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

Wow that's crazy. Especially for such an old camera. I had a great experience with Nikon I related on another thread, but basically they sent me a new D750 because they failed to repair damage the first time around.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:41 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

hardlyboring wrote:
www .http://nikoncamerarepair.com/

Been using them for years. I went through a period with them where everything was impact damaged and was costing me $500-$700.

This story leaves me scratching my head.

Oct 16, 2015 at 01:10 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

I've heard more than once that they are the best to use for Nikon repairs.

Oct 16, 2015 at 01:13 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · OT: Nikon Camera Repair Story

MRomine wrote:
Been using them for years. I went through a period with them where everything was impact damaged and was costing me $500-$700.

This story leaves me scratching my head.

Ya same thing... I have no clue really. I would rather pay up to 20% more and actually be able to call and talk to techs on the phone. That alone is worth the price of admission.
We have some other stuff that has to go in...hopefully Hill and Usher won't get upset when I start making multiple claims :/

Oct 16, 2015 at 01:38 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.