Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Archive 2015 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

rattymouse
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

I just bought a Plustek 120 scanner from B & H and it arrived meticulously packaged. An excellent job, well done.

Dec 14, 2015 at 06:20 PM
tcssas
• • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

I received my lens exactly as shown in pictures by OP. Brand new lens had dust on multiple places on plastic ring surrounding front element and at one place around rear element. When I tried to contact they didn't care. I returned it.
At least their return policy is great.

Earlier B&H was the only store I would shop at but now it is not.

Dec 30, 2015 at 01:04 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

tcssas wrote:
When I tried to contact they didn't care. I returned it.

I am very sorry if at any time anyone from B&H allowed you to form the misapprehension we did not or do not care. If we did not care I would not spend time here. I am very sorry you were dissatisfied with the condition of the lens you received and trust you have returned it for exchange or refund.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Dec 30, 2015 at 01:09 PM
tcssas
• • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

I appreciate your response to my post.

I still believe B&H is nice place to shop and as I said your return policy is great and I got my refund quickly. But if I had received same treatment as I used to get before I would have requested replacement. But that was not going to happen when you support department didn't care. I bought the lens from somewhere else and now I think twice and always give preference to shop that shows care for their customers.

Most genuine buyers would not contact store unless they have very good reason to do so. I hate to deal with returns so I research extensively before I buy so I would be the last person to call and pester any CSR team for no reason.

Dec 30, 2015 at 02:02 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

tcssas wrote:
But that was not going to happen when you support department didn't care. I bought the lens from somewhere else and now I think twice and always give preference to shop that shows care for their customers.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but as I said earlier OF COURSE WE CARE. I am sorry anyone or anything gave you the misapprehension we did not or do not.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Dec 30, 2015 at 02:13 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

tcssas wrote:
When I tried to contact they didn't care. I returned it.

What does that statement mean? You "tried to contact" them? Apparently you did contact them since you stated you received a refund. Did you ask for an exchange? What does "didn't care" mean?

Your post is full of innuendo without substance.

Dec 30, 2015 at 05:50 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

What the hell, I'll add my most recent BH experience. I ordered and of course received forthwith my newly acquired Oly E-M1 together with a 40-150 PRO and a 17/1.8. Cognizant of this thread, I shook each box of the two (40-150Pro came separate because I ordered it separate). Not a sound to be heard. Rock solid packing. So, the packing folks clearly "cared" about the integrity of the packaging: cared enough to have it sent out on time. In brief, they did their job. I am a happy camper. Thanks to Henry for being here. Pass it along that you guys do good work IMHO

Dec 30, 2015 at 06:11 PM
Savas K
• • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

Nothing in this world is perfect, neither retailers nor the buying public. So you look at the numbers that suggest an overwhelmingly satisfied B&H clientele the world over. They represent the many reasons why B&H is the industry giant.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:36 PM
tcssas
• • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

DanBrown, I do not want to post details of my conversation. It was my Q related to dust/packaging and the response I received is what I am referring to.

Jan 01, 2016 at 12:39 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

tcssas wrote:
I do not want to post details of my conversation.

The caliber of your post speaks for itself, then.

Jan 01, 2016 at 04:28 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

I bought some stuff from B&H over the holidays and they shipped the smaller items in a neat new double-layered fan-out box that feels very sturdy and snug.

https://horshack.smugmug.com/photos/i-67prpmN/0/XL/i-67prpmN-XL.jpg

Jan 01, 2016 at 04:56 PM
tcssas
• • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

Thank you!

DanBrown wrote:
The caliber of your post speaks for itself, then.

Jan 01, 2016 at 06:21 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

snapsy wrote:
I bought some stuff from B&H over the holidays and they shipped the smaller items in a neat new double-layered fan-out box that feels very sturdy and snug.

Interesting commentary on the relative expense of bubble wrap, foam peanuts (absent), and corrugated cardboard, eh?

It's like, packigami.

Jan 01, 2016 at 06:46 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

I like my packaging like this.
It's a $2,000 lens. Seems 59 cents of peanuts isn't too much to ask.
(I removed the top layer.)

I'm buying a lot from Crutchfield as they are really into customer service.

Jan 02, 2016 at 11:14 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

tcssas wrote:
I received my lens exactly as shown in pictures by OP. Brand new lens had dust on multiple places on plastic ring surrounding front element and at one place around rear element. When I tried to contact they didn't care. I returned it.

Earlier B&H was the only store I would shop at but now it is not.

You didn't simply wipe a bit of dust off with a cleaning cloth and re-evaluate the item? Wintertime is dry and dust clings. So you sent it back for that reason and now put down the retailer? How do you buy food?

Jan 02, 2016 at 05:14 PM
tcssas
• • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

Jeffrey wrote:
You didn't simply wipe a bit of dust off with a cleaning cloth and re-evaluate the item? Wintertime is dry and dust clings. So you sent it back for that reason and now put down the retailer? How do you buy food?

Edited on Jan 03, 2016 at 01:23 PM · View previous versions

Jan 03, 2016 at 03:20 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

I should point out that when I opened the brand new 300mm f/4E from the box above, it had obviously never been opened before (and not a returned item). It did however have some dust on it which had to have come from Nikon's China factory or their packaging facility. I simply blew it off with my Giotto's Rocket Blower. And it went away. All is good in the world.

Jan 03, 2016 at 12:58 PM
jbregar
• • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · I can't believe this is B&H. ....

Packing peanuts are actually pretty terrible for packing. They shift a lot more than air pillows or packing paper and make a royal mess both at the packing and receiving end. The biodegradable starch ones also shed dust like crazy as they get older (and dryer).

Peanuts/air bags/packing paper are really only there to fill empty space in the box anyway. If you do it right, they should be so tightly packed in there that they aren't really providing much padding anyway... thats what the manufacturer box or bubble wrap is for.

Also, most camera gear can withstand shock pretty well. If you've ever watched the way a PJ treats his/her gear in the field, I'm pretty sure UPS or Fedex can't do much worse to it inside a box.

Jan 04, 2016 at 12:48 AM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.