Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Sodonn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Hello ladies and gents!

I know this topic has been covered here before....but my forum search wasn't much help. (maybe the pinned resources can be updated with this info as it comes up every so often)

Anyway....I have a corrupt SD card that says it needs formatting....can't get to the images through standard recovery programs that I have found.

Anyone have a data recovery service that they have used and had success with?

I eagerly await replies.

*Edit.... USA....State side preferably.

Oct 12, 2015 at 08:28 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/Software-4/

worked for me, but on non-Transcend cards (never have had them fail, but they make the software)

Oct 12, 2015 at 08:35 AM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

jeremy_clay wrote:
http://www.transcend-info.com/Support/Software-4/

worked for me, but on non-Transcend cards (never have had them fail, but they make the software)

Thanks Jeremy! I've tried the card manufacturer software as well as another off the shelf program. I think this may require deeper retrieval services.

Oct 12, 2015 at 09:46 AM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Sodonn wrote:
Thanks Jeremy! I've tried the card manufacturer software as well as another off the shelf program. I think this may require deeper retrieval services.

Hav you tried CardRecoveryPro? Another one I've had success with in the past.

Oct 12, 2015 at 09:49 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Sandisk recovery pro is pretty much the industry standard.
I recovered 3 cards in the last month all with different problems using SD rec pro.

I had the same problem you had last week. Main card in my wifes camera with 30gb of images corrupted during the dancing. Card could no longer be read by the camera and would not mount to the desktop with the card reader.
The card did show up on the disk utility so the computer did recognize a storage device was present.
sandisk recovery pro was able to pull everything off the card except for 3 totally corrupted images.

The recovery programs can generally take care of card issues but cannot help if files are actually corrupted.

Oct 12, 2015 at 02:52 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

I have a few of those mini-CD's with the Rescue Pro on them but none of my drives are the tray-style drives. Anywhere to download the Sandisk Rescue Pro? A google search turned up a bunch of suspicious websites that weren't actually Sandisk.

Oct 12, 2015 at 03:09 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

This is it.
I have spoken with them on the phone and by email. They are quite helpful.
http://www.lc-tech.com/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/

Oct 12, 2015 at 07:27 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Thanks guys.....Sandisk rescue pro delux did not work. It was one of the first that was tried.

Sending it off to Drive Savers Data Recovery tomorrow to see what they can do. Expensive....but the cost of the data recovery if they can get the images back is covered under my E&O with Hill & Usher minus the $250 deductible. Fingers Crossed! Luckily there are only maybe 50 images total on this card but some of the groom getting ready that I'd really like to have.

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:12 PM
hendrikm
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Good Luck!
I hope you keep us updated wether the resue was sucessful.

Oct 13, 2015 at 07:06 AM
ashton lamont
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Check out the affordable heavyweight R-Studio from R-Tools Technology:

http://www.r-tt.com/

Pete

Oct 13, 2015 at 03:52 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Update time! Well, DriveSavers, the company that specializes in data recovery for government agencies, computer forensics, etc called yesterday to give me the bad news that they could not retrieve anything off the CF card. In-fact it's as if nothing was ever on the card. It is void of any information....not even so much as reading that it was ever formatted to begin with. I know it was....I saw the images on the back of the camera...they were there! This is frustrating knowing this.

The good news is there were only maybe 50 images on the card and maybe 15 images that would have been delivered of quick mock session of the groom getting ready even though he arrived completely dressed.

The plan going forward is that once the images are delivered I'll explain to the bride and groom what happened, and the steps that were taken to retrieve the information on the card along with a report from DriveSavers showing that I did my best to try and salvage the few images, and offer to pay for a tux rental and reshoot that portion we feel was lost. And if the bride wishes to get back into her dress we can do a few more bridal portraits of the two of them.

Oct 15, 2015 at 08:30 AM
t4haughton
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

DUAL. CARD. SLOTS.

Oct 15, 2015 at 03:41 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

and even those get corrupt files....but yeah.....I hear ya and currently in the market for dual card slot bodies.

Oct 15, 2015 at 03:55 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Sodonn wrote:
Update time! Well, DriveSavers, the company that specializes in data recovery for government agencies, computer forensics, etc called yesterday to give me the bad news that they could not retrieve anything off the CF card. In-fact it's as if nothing was ever on the card. It is void of any information....not even so much as reading that it was ever formatted to begin with. I know it was....I saw the images on the back of the camera...they were there! This is frustrating knowing this.

The good news is there were only maybe 50 images on the card and maybe 15 images
...Show more

Nothing was on the card period?!
Something seems super weird. What camera? Maybe you said before...
I cannot believe nothing was able to be pulled period.
Sucks for sure.

Oct 15, 2015 at 04:44 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

hardlyboring wrote:
Nothing was on the card period?!
Something seems super weird. What camera? Maybe you said before...
I cannot believe nothing was able to be pulled period.
Sucks for sure.

Nothing! I was just as surprised as you. They said they have seen the issue before but have no idea what may have caused it. The only thing I can think of is possibly getting magnetized somehow but it went from pelican case to hands to card reader and back to camera. Camera was a 5DmkII. Again....thankfully cards are often switched out and that camera is not widely used too often.

Oct 15, 2015 at 04:58 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Really weird. I once had a 5d2 start writing over images just randomly.
I would either ditch the camera all together or else send it off to have basically everything replaced.

Oct 15, 2015 at 07:15 PM
dodgens
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Hi, I know this is late to the party, but I use test disk and have been able to recover some really lost files. I was able to use this to recover a disk formatted from exfat to NFTS. This tool is really powerful, but not very user friendly. The documentation is good, but sometimes it was a little scary.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

Here is the part on recovering from flash cards:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk:_undelete_file_for_FAT

Hope this helps someone out.

Wayne

Feb 16, 2016 at 02:32 AM
robertsail

p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

I have used http://www.lc-tech.co.uk/pc/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/ in the UK. You can download the software yourself.

There software is pretty good, as long as you have not formatted the card and shot over the data.

Feb 16, 2016 at 04:45 AM
kardician
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Could you provide more information about the type of CF card that you used? How long have you been using it? Do you use the same card with different camera systems? Did you format the card prior to use? Did you use the camera to format? Thank you.

Feb 26, 2016 at 08:15 PM
Ry Will Dave

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · corrupt SD card data recovery.

Try FTK
http://accessdata.com/solutions/digital-forensics/forensic-toolkit-ftk

Aug 29, 2016 at 04:36 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.