Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

Will there be any fall color in Oregon (or Washington) from approximately Oct 16 to 22? If so, any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Oct 09, 2015 at 11:30 PM
briancphoto
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

Hey Jim. Yes things are just starting to turn and get good here in the Hood River Area. So far most of the color is up in the higher valleys and hills. I just posted a few pictures in the landscape fall color folder that I took this week to give you an idea. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer them. Also if you are looking for a shooting partner I would be delighted to meet up. Brian

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:05 AM
barisaxer
• • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

I think McKenzie pass out of Eugene may be good then. The trees are getting good but much wind or rain will take stuff down real fast after a dry summer. The Columbia gorge hikes should be nice then. If you are in Portland the Japanese garden is nice for the next several weeks. Good timing for color but the dry year will make the leaves come down fast and we are getting some wind and rain this weekend. Sept and Oct are usually my favorite months here.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:07 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

briancphoto wrote:
Hey Jim. Yes things are just starting to turn and get good here in the Hood River Area. So far most of the color is up in the higher valleys and hills. I just posted a few pictures in the landscape fall color folder that I took this week to give you an idea. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer them. Also if you are looking for a shooting partner I would be delighted to meet up. Brian

Hey Brian, thanks for the info, I will check out the photos you posted. And definitely if I end up doing that I will let you know, it would be great to shoot with you.

Jim

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:34 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

barisaxer wrote:
I think McKenzie pass out of Eugene may be good then. The trees are getting good but much wind or rain will take stuff down real fast after a dry summer. The Columbia gorge hikes should be nice then. If you are in Portland the Japanese garden is nice for the next several weeks. Good timing for color but the dry year will make the leaves come down fast and we are getting some wind and rain this weekend. Sept and Oct are usually my favorite months here.

Thanks! Shooting the waterfalls in the gorge might be a real possibility. I thought Japanese Gardens was best around Thanksgiving? Or is that just got that one famous tree?

Jim

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:36 PM
pacman642
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

The Japanese Garden is closed until March 1, 2015. Jim, Will be in Portland from the 17-22, planning on Proxy Falls, Boardman, and The Gorge if you're interested in meeting up?

Emmett

Oct 12, 2015 at 04:09 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

the color may be horrid this year due to the super dry conditions.

Oct 16, 2015 at 03:19 PM
Rohanban
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

Just did a weekend of Shooting in the Gorge and Mt Hood area. Fall colors were very disappointing. The level of water in the waterfalls that are not spring fed is also very disappointing.

Oct 27, 2015 at 05:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

pacman642 wrote:
The Japanese Garden is closed until March 1, 2015. Jim, Will be in Portland from the 17-22, planning on Proxy Falls, Boardman, and The Gorge if you're interested in meeting up?

Emmett

Hey Emmett,

Meeting would have been great, but it looks like our timing is off. I will be shooting Punchbowl tomorrow morning and checking out Eagle Creek at that time.

Jim

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:49 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

briancphoto wrote:

Hey Brian,

Man, I forgot all about your mentioning about shooting together. If you see this in time, I will be shooting Punchbowl in the morning, hopefully starting about 7:30 or so.

Jim

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:50 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

Rohanban wrote:
Just did a weekend of Shooting in the Gorge and Mt Hood area. Fall colors were very disappointing. The level of water in the waterfalls that are not spring fed is also very disappointing.

Thanks for the update Rohan. I was told the colors were pretty good back up on Eagle Creek. I will be hiking that tomorrow so we shall see. I hope to see at least a little nice color.

Jim

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:51 AM
briancphoto
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

Hey Brian,

Man, I forgot all about your mentioning about shooting together. If you see this in time, I will be shooting Punchbowl in the morning, hopefully starting about 7:30 or so.

Sorry I have to work this morning. Good luck with eagle creek. Don't forget to look for salmon. Cross the little footbridge across from the parking lot and walk along the stream and you should see spawning action. If are still around tomorrow let me know I am off then. Brian

Oct 29, 2015 at 08:14 AM
Rohanban
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Oregon Fall Color Timing?

JimFox wrote:
Thanks for the update Rohan. I was told the colors were pretty good back up on Eagle Creek. I will be hiking that tomorrow so we shall see. I hope to see at least a little nice color.

Jim

Sounds good, I didn't shoot eagle creek this year. Part of the Gorge that I liked personally was Fairy Falls hike. If you get a chance, check that out.

Oct 29, 2015 at 10:39 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.