New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Berlebach

tigha45

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Berlebach

I'm looking to get a Berlebach with both a center column and a flat plate. Are there any greasy/lubricated parts on this tripod that may be difficult to maintain? From what I've read this tripod seems fairly low maintenance, but I wanted to make sure. I e-mailed Berlebach already, but it seems they didn't really understand my question. I may get a leveling column or the leveling ball instead, so it would also be interesting to know whether the ball is dry or lubricated. Sorry, if this is a stupid question. I don't really have much experience with tripods. I probably will get this tripod anyway, but I just wanted to get an idea of what kind of maintenance is involved with it.

Oct 09, 2015 at 06:02 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Berlebach

I have a medium weight Berlebach, and don't see anything "greasy" about it. I have the leveling ball head. I only use this tripod for shooting either 4x5 or 5x7. It's very, very solid.

Kent in SD

Oct 09, 2015 at 07:28 PM
tigha45

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Berlebach

Alright, that sounds great. Thanks for the help!

Oct 09, 2015 at 07:59 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Berlebach

Da ball be dry Have their Reporter tripod as well as a monopod
and they've been great. Real conversation starters out in the field.

Oct 10, 2015 at 02:58 PM
jharter
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Berlebach

I had a Berlebach with 3 leg sections and leveling ball. although relatively heavy, it was rock solid and durable. Nothing was greasy. If the weight is ok for you, it is a great tripod.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM
tigha45

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Berlebach

Thanks for all the responses! I have one more question. I've narrowed down my choices to either the Report 342 or 342/P probably with the divisible 10/37 column. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with the built-in panning base on the center column of the 342/P. It seems like it would be quite useful for the times when I don't need to use a ball head. Looking at pictures, I assume only the top mounting plate rotates and the knob itself remains fixed. Is that correct?

Oct 14, 2015 at 05:47 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Berlebach

Looking at pictures, I assume only the top mounting plate rotates and the knob itself remains fixed. Is that correct?
That's correct.

Oct 14, 2015 at 06:09 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.