FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Clear Lake Magic

OregonSun
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Clear Lake Magic

Headed up to Clear Lake looking for some fall colors along the shore today after work. Stuck around for sunset and was treated to some excellent color in the sky as well. I tried really hard to pick one shot, but I couldn't decide between these two. The wide one was shot with the 8mm Rokinon. Feedback always welcome.

Heron

Oct 09, 2015 at 01:27 AM
Matt.Dieterich
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Clear Lake Magic

# 2 is the better shot to me, you have the interesting log for foreground which works good at keeping my eye in the photo. I would slightly lighten the image though to boost contrast.

Oct 09, 2015 at 08:13 AM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Clear Lake Magic

Matt.Dieterich wrote:
# 2 is the better shot to me, you have the interesting log for foreground which works good at keeping my eye in the photo. I would slightly lighten the image though to boost contrast.

Thanks for the pick and the feedback Matt. I decided to keep these a bit dark on purpose to preserve the quietude and lack of drama that I felt at the scene.

Heron

Oct 09, 2015 at 11:57 PM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Clear Lake Magic

Heron,

I prefer composition in #2. Log on FG offers both the leading line, and an anchor for the eye. Color is beautiful on both.

Sasha.

Oct 11, 2015 at 03:44 PM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Clear Lake Magic

alatoo60 wrote:
Heron,

I prefer composition in #2. Log on FG offers both the leading line, and an anchor for the eye. Color is beautiful on both.

Sasha.

Thanks for the pick and your explanation why. I agree 2 is a more complete composition.

Heron

Oct 12, 2015 at 07:25 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.