1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2015 · successor to D810

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · successor to D810

sjms wrote:
not my type of shooting but in sports i'd give it a go with my Sig 120-300 w/1.4tc

BTW, what kind of travelling in Japan for you?
I have been trying to convince my wife.
We have been around, but the two places that I want to see are Japan and New Zealand and for some reason she has no desire to see. Well, I have been to Africa numerous times and am ready for more, She is ready to go there any time. That is not a bad deal.

Oct 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · successor to D810

i have ben to japan many times. i just looked over my slides from the early '90s while doing work there. found a real need to go back to Hiroshima, Miyajima, and Kyoto to spend just a little more relaxed shooting time in them. got a JR pass and 10 days and its anything goes. i have been all over Hokkaido, a far bit of Honshu until it got a wee bit too warm for my taste so no Kyushu but maybe later. you need to figure out what your looking for there. it can be quite diverse if you really look. i used to do 30 day stints there. back in those days i had a base of operations in my friends apartment in Roppongi, Tokyo.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:22 AM
pr4photos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · successor to D810

If I was going travelling I'd probably be looking at getting a Sony A7Rii rather than lugging my D800 and heavy pro lenses around. When I went to Thailand for a month, I took my Lumix m43 kit, and that did the job very well

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:40 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · successor to D810

that would of course require one to have another set of lens that are totally incompatible.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:47 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · successor to D810

pr4photos wrote:
If I was going travelling I'd probably be looking at getting a Sony A7Rii rather than lugging my D800 and heavy pro lenses around. When I went to Thailand for a month, I took my Lumix m43 kit, and that did the job very well

I am waiting for Nikon adaptor.

Oct 10, 2015 at 01:00 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · successor to D810

I think you'll see Nikon is going to convert their lenses to electronic diaphragms be for that happens. its that little mechanical part that messes things up.

Oct 10, 2015 at 02:14 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · successor to D810

That's how I feel about the D800.

Steve Perry wrote:
The great thing with the D810 is that I no longer really care when the next upgrade is going to happen

That said, I think we'll see something middle of next year if I had to guess. Pretty sure the upgrade for the beginning of the year will be the D5 and maybe a pro DX (breath not being held on the latter).

Oct 10, 2015 at 04:26 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.