FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · I really need your good help this time

playerofwar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · I really need your good help this time

Glort, I agree.
But the endresult of a wedding video is nowhere near the same quality of the pictures in 90% of the cases.
We can be very creative from shot to shot, but a videographer has to have the nice framing and then also add the motion. He has a lot less flexibility in post and also needs every single important shot to make sure the film makes sense.
I am mainly a photographer, but I do make some small films from time to time (low budget, scripted, never more than 25 people/day) but I would NEVER want to video a wedding. I would kill myself having to put in a bad shot to make it work or to leave out an important piece of the story because I didn't capture it well enough.

A wedding videographer that delivers an endresult that is even closely as cinematic as our photo's has done a better job than us.

Oct 14, 2015 at 07:30 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · I really need your good help this time

playerofwar wrote:
A wedding videographer that delivers an endresult that is even closely as cinematic as our photo's has done a better job than us.

Perhaps but I fail to see where that goes near justifying the self centred, take over, stuff anyone else attitude I have seen MANY video guys do. Maybe it's just what they are like here but it is certainly not something that I have seen as rare occasions, it's been VERY common.

I don't think how hard anyones job is gives them any right to be self important ego maniacs. If you can't handle it professionally and with courtesy and respect for others, piss off and go work with plants or machinery where you can get away with crap like that.

We are all there to do a job for the CLIENT and the best thing for all concerned is to work as a team and help each other to get the best results from everyone.

Oct 14, 2015 at 09:41 AM
playerofwar
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · I really need your good help this time

I agree. Both photographers, videographers and others have to work as a team rather than place themselves above everyone else. The combined endresult is a lot better that way.
To do this, it's also beneficial that everyone has experience in the other's profession. It's so much easier for a videographer to "help" a photographer when he has shot weddings as a photographer before.

It's like when we go to weddings as a guest, we don't pull out our smartphone to take a shot, because we know these can ruin the "real" photographer's shots.

Oct 15, 2015 at 06:08 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.