New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · ST-E3 on 5D2

Daan B
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ST-E3 on 5D2

What are the limitations when using the ST-E3 / 600RT on a 5D2 compared to a post 20152 model camera?

Do I loose 1 stop of sync?

Oct 02, 2015 at 09:52 AM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ST-E3 on 5D2

Ok, so I have the ST-E3 on my 5D2 (pre 2015 camera model). The manual says I should loose 1 stop of sync and HSS shouldn't be working. Funny...neither is the case... all is working. I only get a stupid Tv warning signal that has no consequence. What is the deal here?

Oct 10, 2015 at 12:46 PM
Ralph Thompson
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ST-E3 on 5D2

You'll get an "AV" warning message. Your sync should be 1/125th (it is on my older bodies) unless you hit HSS... That's what I got on my 1d4... That being said, I've heard many say set the camera on manual, & ignore the warning... I did that and really didn't see a difference although I was shooting basketball & using the 600's for gym strobes....

Oct 10, 2015 at 01:42 PM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ST-E3 on 5D2

Ralph Thompson wrote:
You'll get an "AV" warning message.

No, I got a Tv warning.

Oct 11, 2015 at 03:15 PM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ST-E3 on 5D2

Interesting read on the 5D2/ST-E3: http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/education/technical/syl_arena_new_speedlite_system.do?page=4

"To the contrary, I have been able to shoot direct hotshoe flash and wireless flash at all shutter speeds in both normal and High-Speed Sync (HSS)."

Oct 11, 2015 at 03:16 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.