Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adiro...

ChrisKayler
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

I sat on this image for 2 years before finally processing it last night. The time just seemed right. I'd always enjoyed looking at the RAW file as I skimmed over images from this trip, but I was uncertain whether others would find the image compelling. After processing and increasing the contrast just a touch, I'm really happy with the final result. I wanted to achieve some contrast between dark and light to emphasize the wonderful light gradients, while also keeping the image natural and not killing that lovely misty mood and sparkle from the backlit dew.

As always, thanks for looking!

BTW, if you want to view this image on my blog and read a tiny bit more about the moment I took it, as well as some information about my compositional choices (not too much, though, Jim ) then please feel free to check it out - here -

Oct 02, 2015 at 08:55 AM
OregonSun
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

Love it. Great light, colors and mystery in this one.

Heron

Oct 02, 2015 at 10:09 AM
ChrisKayler
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

OregonSun wrote:
Love it. Great light, colors and mystery in this one.

Heron

Thanks very much for the comment!

Oct 02, 2015 at 11:41 AM
Rohanban
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

Love this shot. The sun rays work so well with the fall colors

Oct 02, 2015 at 12:09 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

Hey Chris,

Nice work on this one. Even if you increased the contrast slightly, I like the lower contrast in this, and how it is letting the light beams get lost with that mist/fog.

Nice work on the blog and not too long.

Jim

Oct 02, 2015 at 03:19 PM
DSC01
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

Chris,
Very nice, when I saw this I said to myself it screams ADK and then I went to read your blog. I was there last weekend and was shocked to find very little color so far seems to be a few weeks late this year.
I enjoyed seeing your image , regards, Dean

Oct 03, 2015 at 08:28 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

Really like this image! Has that early morning watching the sunrise drinking a hot cup of coffee feeling!

Cheers!

Oct 03, 2015 at 08:55 AM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

Chris, I like your approach to the processing very much. Light and colors looks so natural, that I even can smell the leaves :-)

Sasha

Oct 03, 2015 at 09:11 PM
ChrisKayler
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

JimFox wrote:
Hey Chris,

Nice work on this one. Even if you increased the contrast slightly, I like the lower contrast in this, and how it is letting the light beams get lost with that mist/fog.

Nice work on the blog and not too long.

Jim

---------------------------------------------

alatoo60 wrote:
Chris, I like your approach to the processing very much. Light and colors looks so natural, that I even can smell the leaves :-)

Sasha

I'm so glad that you guys picked up on my not very heavy-handed approach to the processing. For me, it's so important to keep an element of realism about an image. And you're right, Jim, I may have increased it slightly but I purposefully didn't do too much so that the luminous light and rays were not lost. Thanks, guys!

Oct 04, 2015 at 09:34 AM
Matt.Dieterich
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · "A New Chapter" - Sunlight Beams Through a Misty Forest. Adirondack Park, New York.

Excellent shot Chris! I love the mood in this image. I am not sure if my screen is too bright, but I would try to decrease the blacks in this image slightly maybe -10 or -15 to see how it looks.

Great image!

Oct 04, 2015 at 10:29 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.