New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

oliveus8

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

I have LR6 they say it is supported but when I talked CC could not get it to work. So I am wondering if anyone is using a program that works and tell me the name or if there is another way. Thanks for any help. Nick

Oct 01, 2015 at 07:33 PM
Cicopo
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

Firstly you need an old computer with a FIREWIRE port to communicate with the camera & if it's a PC you need to run Win XP or older for the software to work. That software was on the CD's for things like the 20D thru 40D, 5D, 1D thru 1D2n & 1Ds2.

Oct 01, 2015 at 07:40 PM
oliveus8

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

Thank you for your help. Best regards

Oct 02, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

Did you intend to write "tethered" in the title, instead of "teherr"?

LR will process files from 1DII, but won't work as a tethering platform for viewing through camera or reviewing shots.

The correct advice is using an old (Win '98-XP?) computer suited to the camera. But then you are working at a disadvantage, with the old system and Canon DPP or Solutions Disk. Yes, Firewire is the connector, so older Macs will work too. Pretty ancient stuff!

My thoughts are to either skip the tethered idea and simply upload image files via cardreader to the latest LR for PP (what I do), or buy a new camera such as 5D3 and use it tethered to current computer via Canon software (or other).

Hope this helps you find some suitable options.

Oct 02, 2015 at 09:18 AM
oliveus8

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

Thank you for the reply when I have some extra cash I just might do that.

Oct 02, 2015 at 10:09 AM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

XP SP2 box with Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 should work. If not you need a Fire-wire card with a different chipset.

Oct 02, 2015 at 12:26 PM
docholliday

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

I responded a few days ago on dpreview about using an old XP box, XP Mode, or VMWare. You never read or responded on there...now you're on here asking the same question?

Oct 02, 2015 at 12:55 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

Since the camera does not have liveview, about all you can do is release the shutter and then download the image.

I don't see any value in spending the time and effort to do that. You can get a eye-fi card and a wireless remote to do the same thing. Those can also be used on a newer pro level body as well.

Oct 02, 2015 at 02:26 PM
docholliday

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

scalesusa wrote:
Since the camera does not have liveview, about all you can do is release the shutter and then download the image.

I don't see any value in spending the time and effort to do that. You can get a eye-fi card and a wireless remote to do the same thing. Those can also be used on a newer pro level body as well.

Eye-fi cards are the biggest POS ever...especially with the 1-series bodies and magnesium casing. I had three different ones to use when I had the 1Ds2...sucked every time. No range, unreliable delays, slow speeds. Tether correctly using firewire or get the actual wifi transmitter for the 1D/Ds 2!

Oct 02, 2015 at 06:26 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

docholliday wrote:
Eye-fi cards are the biggest POS ever...especially with the 1-series bodies and magnesium casing. I had three different ones to use when I had the 1Ds2...sucked every time. No range, unreliable delays, slow speeds. Tether correctly using firewire or get the actual wifi transmitter for the 1D/Ds 2!

I'll have to tell my eye-fi pro that its not supposed to be working with my magnesium body cameras. It also has a long range, so that's another problem.

Oct 02, 2015 at 11:12 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

There's a lot of advice about using XP etc to get this rig to work . but the OP is using LR6 which won't work with XP so that pretty much screws the idea if the OP is on a PC .

the eye-fi card or similar may be the best option but I will have to agree with above about them being a POS . you'll be much better off doing a card juggle every few shots .

Oct 03, 2015 at 02:18 AM
docholliday

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

My eye-fi pro lost connection to a Ubiquiti Rocket M access point with a 15db antenna at 20 feet. The laptop goes over 2 city blocks. Hmmm. Small device, low power transmitter, weak antenna. Add that inside a metal box and well, useless.

Eyefi's are fine for consumers and slow shooters. Don't try shooting live fashion or portrait shoots...you'll be annoyed by having to wait for incoming shots to hit the edit station for review.

Edited on Oct 03, 2015 at 06:19 AM · View previous versions

Oct 03, 2015 at 06:12 AM
docholliday

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
There's a lot of advice about using XP etc to get this rig to work . but the OP is using LR6 which won't work with XP so that pretty much screws the idea if the OP is on a PC .

the eye-fi card or similar may be the best option but I will have to agree with above about them being a POS . you'll be much better off doing a card juggle every few shots .

If you use XP in XP mode on Win7 or VMWare, you can capture using the FW connection. Share a folder from the VM on the host computer (physical directory is on the host, but mapped as something inside the VM). Capture using EOS Utility in the VM/XP. It'll save to the shared folder. Install LR on the host (running 7/8/10). Set LR to use "Watched Folder" on the shared folder with an import script. Worked perfectly when I had my 1Ds2.

The other option is to set an old XP desktop/laptop as a capture station running EOS Utility. That way you can watch the incoming images and control the camera locally to the shooting station. Have a network folder (on the LR computer or NAS) shared with the XP box. Map the shared drive on the XP box as something. Then, set EU to save to that folder. On the newer LR box, set watched folders on that folder/NAS mapping and import accordingly.

Oct 03, 2015 at 06:16 AM
oliveus8

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Please help need program to teherr 1D Mark II

Doc I have utility 1.1.0 capture 1.1.10 which is for 20D still can't see the 1D do you know the utility and capture number that I need.. There are some disk on ebay but they only give the Ver. number. Thanks Nick

Oct 11, 2015 at 03:21 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.