Canon 60D 100-400mm Series I @ 400mm f10 1/500s 200 ISO 0EV

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Sep 30, 2015 at 06:34 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pelicans... My Take

4 and 5 are my picks Mike. A bit more space in front of the bird in the first might make it more effective.

Morris

Sep 30, 2015 at 07:04 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pelicans... My Take

Nice series of pelies Mike.
Eric

Sep 30, 2015 at 07:31 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pelicans... My Take

Nicely done Mike ~ Ron

Oct 01, 2015 at 07:36 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pelicans... My Take

Nice set Mike with the last being my pick

Birdie

Oct 01, 2015 at 10:08 AM
kemo681
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pelicans... My Take

morris wrote:
4 and 5 are my picks Mike. A bit more space in front of the bird in the first might make it more effective.

Morris

Morris, thanks for the comments. Yes, the juvenile needs more space in front but Gurrdie and Gus Gull were in the way and they already were in enough of my images. Also, with the dark brown coloration, he/she stuck out like a sore thumb among a sea of white. So, I wanted to give him/her its own stage.

eyelaser wrote:
Nice series of pelies Mike.
Eric

Hey Eric, thanks for the comment. Unlike you Big Cats, the pelies just sort of amble along at the same pace that I do, which is nice. I wish that I could transform some of the images to B&W, like your Cats.

Processing Music: Fontana Bass "Rescue Me", Doris Troy "Just One Look", and Cal Tjader "Sole Sauce"

surfnron wrote:
Nicely done Mike ~ Ron

Thanks Ron, I am taking lessons from my wife, Carolyn681, Still need to learn how to get low......

birdied wrote:
Nice set Mike with the last being my pick

Birdie

Thanks Birdie, The last is my favorite as well. I keep thinking that I see some breeding coloration in that image. But Carolyn assures me that there isn't any and that if I want to see that coloration, then we need to travel south this winter.

Oct 01, 2015 at 11:11 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pelicans... My Take

nice job on the Pelicans Mike

Oct 01, 2015 at 06:26 PM
dalite
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Pelicans... My Take

Nice shots, especially the last one. I should have stopped there last week when I drove instead to Tomales point.

Oct 01, 2015 at 11:56 PM
kemo681
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Pelicans... My Take

kmunroe wrote:
nice job on the Pelicans Mike

Hey Kenny, thanks for the comment the pelies are ok but not nearly as nice as the images that you have of the kingfisher.

dalite wrote:
Nice shots, especially the last one. I should have stopped there last week when I drove instead to Tomales point.

Thanks Dennis, I am sure that you had a great time at the point. We went to Drake's Beach on Sept. 25 in the a.m. and ran into ferruginous hawk, which was the first for both of us.

In the afternoon, Carolyn suggested going to Abbott's Lagoon, which was a first for me. Spectacular weather, little wind, very nice light and the birds were flying. A nice hike to the beach area and coming back, northern harriers, red tailed hawks and a white tailed kite were in action. Ran into a guy that saw a bobcat on his way in.

Mike

Oct 02, 2015 at 03:54 PM
Michael Rucci
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Pelicans... My Take

kemo681 wrote:
Hey Kenny, thanks for the comment the pelies are ok but not nearly as nice as the images that you have of the kingfisher.

Thanks Dennis, I am sure that you had a great time at the point. We went to Drake's Beach on Sept. 25 in the a.m. and ran into ferruginous hawk, which was the first for both of us.

In the afternoon, Carolyn suggested going to Abbott's Lagoon, which was a first for me. Spectacular weather, little wind, very nice light and the birds were flying. A nice hike to the beach area and coming back, northern
...Show more
Nice work Mike the last is also my pick if i had a place to see all the birds you mentioned above plus a bobcat i would be there a lot

Oct 04, 2015 at 07:28 PM
kemo681
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Pelicans... My Take

Michael Rucci wrote:

Mike

Nice work Mike the last is also my pick if i had a place to see all the birds you mentioned above plus a bobcat i would be there a lot

Michael, thanks for the kind words. You are right! It is a wonderful place full of surprises. We were at Drake's Beach a week or so prior to our last outing and there were 300-400 elegant terns passing through on their migration.

But, I see that you have a lot of interesting birds back there as well and you are doing an excellent job of capturing them.

Mike

Oct 05, 2015 at 12:47 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.