Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Post em if ya got em.

Sep 30, 2015 at 03:01 AM
justruss
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Why not just use the big photo thread instead?

Unless I'm missing something, the Loxia lenses are e-mount only, so you'll find images from them all in one place, more or less...

Sep 30, 2015 at 02:37 PM
ariel777
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

I am interested in the Loxia lenses. Rather than wade through the FE lens thread searching for a Loxia image, I do prefer the idea of a dedicated thread.

Sep 30, 2015 at 08:11 PM
johnmatrix84
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

I'll get things started. Below is a 3 image panorama from Machu Picchu. I rented and loved the loxia while on my trip to Peru. I have the 35mm fe 2.8 now as I could not stomach the cost difference between the two.

Oct 01, 2015 at 03:00 AM
Dan Bellyk
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

ariel777 wrote:
I am interested in the Loxia lenses. Rather than wade through the FE lens thread searching for a Loxia image, I do prefer the idea of a dedicated thread.

I agree what is the big deal

Oct 01, 2015 at 04:15 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Considering its enormous size, and highly diverse lens options in the FE thread, finding the Loxia images would be daunting. However, two lenses isn't much of a line up. It would be helpful if there were several image threads, for a-mount (exists), NEX/aps-c e mouunt (exists), FE bodies (exists), and a Zeiss Batis/Loxia/Touit thread (doesn't exist). A Zeiss native e-mount image thread would be nice. Moreover, it would open the options for aps-c shooter with loxia lenses to have a place.

Oct 01, 2015 at 04:42 PM
Randolph K

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

johnmatrix84

Thank you for getting this started.

I just received my 50/2 Loxia yesterday and plan to contribute soon.

Thanks

Oct 01, 2015 at 10:40 PM
johnmatrix84
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Here's another from Machu Picchu at sundown. It was one of my last images before I left the park. The sun broke through the clouds and lit up the ruins just perfectly.

Oct 03, 2015 at 10:41 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

ariel777 wrote:

What about those of us who enjoy seeing lots of different options for the E-mount cameras ?

Should we have to go and view a bunch of different threads just to appreciate all the different images users of A series cameras are sharing ?

I like being able to see Gregg's Loxia 50/2 images, sometimes in the same post as his new 35/1.4 FE.

I like being able to see VC 35/1.2 images on the page as 35/2 Loxia as 35/2.8 FE images. Its a great way to scroll through a page and compare contrast lots of different rendering styles.

Having to otherwise open 3 different browser windows, and/or make all the contributors to the long running main image thread cross post in a bunch of different forums seems silly.

Needs of the majority outweigh the needs of the few.

Oct 03, 2015 at 11:11 PM
joshinthecity

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

I'm one of the few that would find a dedicated Loxia thread helpful.
For the record..
j.

Oct 04, 2015 at 01:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

SKumar25
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

joshinthecity wrote:
I'm one of the few that would find a dedicated Loxia thread helpful.
For the record..
j.

+1

Oct 04, 2015 at 12:36 PM
aeonsim
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Making this a Zeiss Batis/Loxia/Touit thread would probably be the best idea.

Oct 04, 2015 at 01:31 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

aeonsim wrote:
Making this a Zeiss Batis/Loxia/Touit thread would probably be the best idea.

I don't think that really makes sense. The Loxia lenses are quite different in design, goals for the design, and function from the Batis and Touit lenses. I like the idea of a Loxia thread, and if I were to add more lenses it would be ZM, Milvus/ZE/ZF, and Otus.

Oct 04, 2015 at 01:41 PM
mcj0000

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

The Loxia's doesn't seem to be very popular here on FM which is surprising.

If you want to find the Loxia images in the Sony FE images thread only, make a google search like this:
site :http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1255248?b=2 loxia

Oct 08, 2015 at 05:42 PM
DougVaughn
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

I took my Loxia 50 to Old Car City a couple weeks ago and thought it performed wonderfully. On the A7II (and I'm sure the IIR) it's so simple to manual focus. I also took it with me on the Kelby Photo Walk last weekend and captured a couple of my favorite shots of the day with it. Lots more from OCC (I love that place), but I don't want to overwhelm the thread with them.

Oct 09, 2015 at 02:50 AM
inglis
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Can someone comment on what they like about the Loxia in relation to either the FE 35 2.8 or FE 55 1.8? I am debating which way to go, have read lots of reviews, but am still undecided. These images help. The 3d is incredible.
John

Oct 09, 2015 at 04:26 PM
DougVaughn
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

inglis wrote:
Can someone comment on what they like about the Loxia in relation to either the FE 35 2.8 or FE 55 1.8? I am debating which way to go, have read lots of reviews, but am still undecided. These images help. The 3d is incredible.

John,

I had both the 55/1.8 and the 35/2.8, and they are both very good (35) to excellent (55) lenses. I'm not using this camera in situations where I really need auto-focus (have my Canon for that), so it has become a question for me of which lens is more "fun". Totally subjective I know.

I found the 55/1.8 to be incredibly sharp, and it produced great images, but the best way I can describe it is "clinically sharp". To me, the Loxia just has more character, and I can't tell you exactly why. I simply like the rendering.

The 35/2.8 is also a very nice lens for the price, and there's nothing to complain about. I have been tinkering with some old Zeiss Contax stuff and have a really great copy of that 35mm. Again, it just seems to have character, and it produces crazy sharp images. Add to that that I truly enjoy manual focus (from my old school K1000 days) and the A7 series makes focusing so easy.

Doug

Oct 09, 2015 at 05:11 PM
inglis
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Thanks Doug,
Which Contax 35mm lens do you have?
John

Oct 10, 2015 at 01:07 PM
DougVaughn
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

inglis wrote:
Thanks Doug,
Which Contax 35mm lens do you have?
John

John, It's the Distagon 2,8/35 MMJ version.

Oct 11, 2015 at 11:55 PM
inglis
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Zeiss Loxia Images Thread

Again Thanks Doug,
am so torn on which direction to go, your comments help!
John

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:32 AM
       2       3              19       20       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              19       20       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password