Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

hvu2012
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

Hi,
Does anyone use Spiderpro dual belt system or Thinktank belt with Spiderpro belt adapter? What's your opinion?

I'm using Blackrapid double strap and i don't like it much. So I'm thinking of moving to Spiderpro but i want to integrate it int Thinktank pro speed belt I have. Looking for real world opinion from wedding photographers.

Thanks.

Sep 29, 2015 at 02:26 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I use the spider pro belt with one pro clip and also attach one of the black widow clips to the left side of the belt.

I love it, I have had minor back issues since I was a teen so it is a huge difference getting the weight off of my shoulders.

Sep 29, 2015 at 03:27 PM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

Tony Hoffer uses it. Only other FMer I can think of that has one.

Might want to PM him.

Sep 29, 2015 at 06:00 PM
gnjphotography
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I have used one since 2012. It saved my camera in Afghanistan and works great for weddings. I hate straps, they just get in the way. It may seem awkward at first, but you get used to it.

Sep 29, 2015 at 06:22 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I wanted to like it but just wasn't a fan. The MoneyMaker is great my only real problem with it is that after a long day, I end up with a sweat-drenched shirt and even vest because the straps push the material up against my body.

Sep 29, 2015 at 06:24 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

Been using the clips for years. I just use a regular leather belt though. The Spider padded belt thing looks ridiculous in my opinion.

I've tried other things but just don't like any weight or my shoulders. The Spider is my favorite option.

Sep 29, 2015 at 06:35 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

Anyone have a problem with the Spider and gripped cameras? I never find the connection from the grip to the camera to be strong enough to support the weight of the camera and a big lens.

Sep 29, 2015 at 06:50 PM
rob0225

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I use the dual setup, I don't like straps. Handled 5DIII and 5DII with lens with no problem. Very quick to access the cameras. I like the Spider padded belt over using the clips and a leather belt.

Sep 29, 2015 at 09:41 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

Tony Hoffer wrote:
The Spider padded belt thing looks ridiculous in my opinion.

This.

I like 1 camera on a spider & 1 on an old CPS strap. Works well for me. I use D750s with no grips and usually prime lenses, whenever I have a 70-200 on the spider I feel like it's going to pull down my pants.

Sep 29, 2015 at 09:54 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

DannyBostwick wrote:
I have a 70-200 on the spider I feel like it's going to pull down my pants.

Exactly why I've been using my 70-200 more often. Part of my brand.

Sep 30, 2015 at 09:29 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

At last we now know how you sky rocketed to 40 weddings a year so quickly.

Sep 30, 2015 at 09:36 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

Tony Hoffer wrote:
Exactly why I've been using my 70-200 more often. Part of my brand.

You and Bob Dylan ( "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream").

Sep 30, 2015 at 09:37 AM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I have been using the strap that came with the camera since my 10D and managed perfectly well with them. :shrug:

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:15 AM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

spider holster. Love them. I switched to just the clips on a regular belt so i can have the cameras more in front of me and less on my hips...and cuz i wanted to look more like tony.

Sometimes at a reception ill throw one of the cameras on a rapid strap to give myself a break from wearing the camera on the waist if Im feeling tired of it

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:45 AM
hvu2012
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

Thank you all for opinions. One of my friends let me try his Thinktank belt pro speed with spiderpro (without holster). I put 1ds III with 135 L and it weights down unless I tight the belt snug to my belly. I don't have my 5D III w/o grip at that time. I probably use strap whenever I use 70-200 and other lens with 5D III on clip.

Thanks again.

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:45 AM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

oh and one bit of advice...make sure you actually mount the camera in the clip before you let go...not that i've done that before or anything

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Michael Beard
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I use the spider dual camera system and love it. The only time I really use two cameras during weddings is the ceremony and portraits and I do find that my pants tend to want to fall off when the 70-200 is present, that's the only issue I have!

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:53 AM
dgleason
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I use the spider system & the moneymaker system together. I've found that no matter what single system I'm using I get tired of it by the end of the day. With the spider system I get tired of having the weight at my hips and my pants falling down. With the moneymaker system my shoulders start to hurt, get sweaty etc.. I start the day off with the spider system (with clips on my leather belt like Tony). Early in the day my system is pretty light as I'm shooting with only 2 lenses and no 70-200.. Come reception time when I add flashes and long lenses I switch to the money maker. I keep the spider clips on though so I can unhook from the moneymaker and shoot dance shots over head and still have a quick place for my camera to go. Attaching the camera back to the money maker isn't always the easiest for me when I'm in a hurry, so it's nice to have the spider clips as a go to. I love it!

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:05 AM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

dgleason wrote:
I use the spider system & the moneymaker system together. I've found that no matter what single system I'm using I get tired of it by the end of the day. With the spider system I get tired of having the weight at my hips and my pants falling down. With the moneymaker system my shoulders start to hurt, get sweaty etc..

I'm starting to shift in this direction. start with clips and then use straps for a break. Both systems get tiring after a long day so Im thinking of doing this.

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:33 PM
drofpilneb
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Do you use spiderpro and your opinion?

I use the Spiderpro, clip and belt with thinktank pouches. I shoot with only a few primes, so it's great to have it all on my waist. I shot with a rapid strap for a while, but hated how my shoulders felt at the end of the day. I love being able to clip in my camera and have both hands instantly available to grab other gear, adjust a pose, etc.

Sep 30, 2015 at 01:00 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.