FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Super tele question

imthegasman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Super tele question

Looking to upgrade my tripod so I'm asking here because the people here use tripods with super tele's. I'm looking at using a D810/ 500 f4/E, full gimbal for BIF and wildlife. Never hike more than 5 miles from the car so I could carry anything that far (wieght not a big issue).

Will a Gitzo 3532LS or RRS 34L be enough to really be stable or should I go up to a 5 series?

Thanks for your time,
Richard

PS. If I need to delete this and move it to Gear forum just let me know.

Sep 29, 2015 at 09:05 AM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Super tele question

Richard - the setup you cited is more than adequate given the new 500e shaved nearly 2 lbs over its predecessor, the 500g.

however, i am inclined to believe you are capable of handholding the lens since "weight not a big issue"!

i would recommend to try handholding the lens before purchasing the rest of the setup. you will be pleasantly surprised!

tom

Sep 29, 2015 at 09:15 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Super tele question

I have the GT 3542LS with a Jobu Gimbal and I shoot with the 500g and D810. I am quite happy with the setup I have.

Birdie

Sep 29, 2015 at 09:57 AM
imthegasman
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Super tele question

Thank you Tom and Birdie. I just need to upgrade my current tripod. Gitzo have a 150 rebate now. Looks like that'll do.

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:27 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.