Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Interesting Question (not really)

DougDolde
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Interesting Question (not really)

Someone sent me a message thru my website who was looking for a 4 foot by 6 print of a waterfall to use in their kid's wedding. I told them I can only go 44" on my Z5200 and asked them what camera was used to take the shot since it seems a bit large for anything less than medium format digital. Read 80 megapixels.

He replied he didn't know nor did he know the pixel dimensions. Turns out he was wanting to make that huge print from a file he had downloaded as a screensaver.

Amazing isn't it?

Sep 27, 2015 at 08:23 PM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Interesting Question (not really)

DougDolde wrote:
Someone sent me a message thru my website who was looking for a 4 foot by 6 print of a waterfall to use in their kid's wedding. I told them I can only go 44" on my Z5200 and asked them what camera was used to take the shot since it seems a bit large for anything less than medium format digital. Read 80 megapixels.

He replied he didn't know nor did he know the pixel dimensions. Turns out he was wanting to make that huge print from a file he had downloaded as a screensaver.

Amazing isn't it?

Not really. Most of the world does not understand pixels or dimensions...why should they. It is us much smarter people who should educate them when these matters arise...not redicule them. They might be dentists who know a hell of a lot more than you about root canals...should they shake their heads when you are sitting in that dentist chair asking a dumb question?

Sep 27, 2015 at 08:45 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Interesting Question (not really)

The real funny thing is, you see those giant 14'x48' billboards down the highway? You think those were shot on medium format? I've had 4mp files printed to 10 feet wide years ago, and it was perfectly fine. It's more about viewing distance. Kind of silly even asking him what camera was used to shoot it. Why does that matter?

Dec 08, 2015 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.