Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

http://www.lightingrumours.com/godox-witstro-ad360ii-c-7649

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:26 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

Meh. A light that powerful is not best used in ttl i think.

Sep 26, 2015 at 01:27 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

Depth of Feel wrote:

The real announcement is the new 2.4ghz trigger and integrated receiver. It looks like this stuff will move on down the line to their other flashes (which are great, but the wireless system sucks)

Sep 26, 2015 at 01:46 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

Depth of Feel wrote:

Depends on how good the TTL is but like SloPhoto mentioned, the real news is in the transceiver units.

Sep 26, 2015 at 07:06 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

Depth of Feel wrote:

I think likewise (similarly for HSS) but these two features seem to be important to a number of people. The Profoto B1 and B2 seem to have been quite a success because of it too.

Sep 26, 2015 at 07:07 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

It's a compelling upgrade. I'm smitten with the Canon system but would probably go with all their gear if I shot Nikon.

off-camera TTL is nice for grand entrances when you're not exactly sure where everyone's going to be when the shooting starts. It ensures nobody will get blown out in a hot spot. Huge stress relief knowing you can just shoot where you want without worrying about ratios. Rest the of the day I'm on M.

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:37 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

What is the advantage of going with photix, godox or cheetah over PW except price?

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

FrancisK7 wrote:
What is the advantage of going with photix, godox or cheetah over PW except price?

In many cases the trigger is either integrated or made especially for the brand/light which reduces the compatibility issues. PW went the route of reverse engineering the ttl which made for all sorts of issues.

All-in-all, PW flex system is a pain to live with. They are very complicated and you need to set them all up on the computer, if you don't turn the triggers and flashes on in the right order they sometimes won't work, they also seem to like randomly popping calibration flashes and remote power control adjustment means you need to hit 'test' to make it take effect, they're bulky with breakable plastic hotshoe that takes the weight of the flash. Canon version has the rf inference problems of course. I lived with this when they were the only game in town but then dumped them all.

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:45 AM
FrancisK7
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

Is the TTL of other brands reliable?

I often read reports of misfires or inconsistency on FM.

I only have two SB-910 (two TT5 and a TT1+AC3) and am looking into getting more speedlites. I am not so invested in the flex system that switching would be too punishing.

It's true that if you don't turn them all on in the correct order you'll get issues. I bought a new TT5 this summer and it took me 10 minutes to update the FW of all my PW. Otherwise they work well with their default profiles. I don't understand the exact purpose of the USB interface for loading profiles.

I only got my AC3 this summer so started using OCF TTL this wedding season only and I am amazed at the result. Perfect exposure 99% of the time on the dance floor (I cross-light with two speedlites). They fire every time. No misfire.

I was genuinely surprised.

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:44 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

FrancisK7 wrote:

Lithium batteries, faster recharge/longer life. That and remote power adjustment.

Sep 27, 2015 at 04:05 AM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

SloPhoto wrote:
The real announcement is the new 2.4ghz trigger and integrated receiver. It looks like this stuff will move on down the line to their other flashes (which are great, but the wireless system sucks)

What don't you like about the wireless system? I think its awesome! I have used them for 2 seasons now and have yet to have an issue. I had poppers and loved them but there were issues from time to time. With the good, not one single issue.

Sep 27, 2015 at 08:50 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

FrancisK7 wrote:

They are inexpensive, powerful for price and they just work. Then again, when was the last time I used anything TTL? its been years.

Sep 27, 2015 at 08:56 PM
Littleguy
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

Phottix, Godox/Cheetah make lights as well as triggers. Lights that have more power than the camera branded lights. With TTL capabilities added - you will be able to mix and match the camera branded speedlights with the Phottix / Godox / Cheetah more powerful strobes - all with remote power control.

PW only makes triggers and to get remote power control - you need the AC-3 plus the camera branded speed lights - I don't believe that remote power control is available on any other lights. OK - I think with the MC2 & the AC3 can give you remote power control of the Einstein 640s

FrancisK7 wrote:

Sep 28, 2015 at 12:38 AM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

paparazzinick wrote:
What don't you like about the wireless system? I think its awesome! I have used them for 2 seasons now and have yet to have an issue. I had poppers and loved them but there were issues from time to time. With the good, not one single issue.

1) no on camera flash

2) weak trigger signals. My success rate for backlighting sparkler exits was damn near 0%. I, along with many others, have resorted to secondary triggers which leaves me charging more batteries than I would like yet again.

Sep 28, 2015 at 02:14 AM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Godox Announces TTL Version of Popular AD360

SloPhoto wrote:
1) no on camera flash

2) weak trigger signals. My success rate for backlighting sparkler exits was damn near 0%. I, along with many others, have resorted to secondary triggers which leaves me charging more batteries than I would like yet again.

The new Godox 2.4 system will eliminate both of your issues as it does allow for on camera flash with a pass through hotshoe and the 2.4 will give a lot stronger signal than the 866mhz system they currently use, although it has worked fine for me. I to was annoyed with the no on camera flash so I use the Strato II's to trigger the flash and just keep the Godox transmitter in my pocket for when I need to change power remotely.

If they come out with a new f16 2.4ghz receiver for the their 850 manual flash where I can use all of these with the new wireless transmitter I could dump the stratos and have a more compact system. Really looking forward to it as I love the flashes themselves.

Sep 29, 2015 at 08:41 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.