Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Would you use this on your camera?

JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Would you use this on your camera?

Andre Labonte wrote:
They should make a wet compatible version. Load the right amount of your favorite cleaning solution in, it sprays it on, extends a small mechanical arm with a swab to clean, and then blows the sensor dry.

Ha ha, great idea! I have for years wished for something similar, an arm on can mount on the front of the lens for when shooting in the rain or shooting waterfalls to keep the drops off the filter.

Jim

Sep 29, 2015 at 02:46 AM
Konablue
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Would you use this on your camera?

Ha ha, great idea! I have for years wished for something similar, an arm on can mount on the front of the lens for when shooting in the rain or shooting waterfalls to keep the drops off the filter.

Jim

You mean like windshield wipers on the front of your lens?

Sep 29, 2015 at 04:11 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Would you use this on your camera?

You mean like windshield wipers on the front of your lens?

I think so, but they would have to move out of the way for the shot.

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:00 AM
eaglewolf
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Would you use this on your camera?

James R wrote:
Who knows what the future holds.

Hand my camera to my robot, it wet and dry cleans the sensor, downloads all photos, seeks out and takes the photos I want - including bears, eagles, and moose in Alaska, alligators and panthers in Florida, mountain lions in California, lions and cheetahs in Africa, and tigers in Asia, performs the post-processing, puts together a great photo book and presents it to me. All without requiring me to walk away from the CSI Miami episode I was watching on Netflix.

The device might have merit, but somehow I don't see it getting off the ground. It might be like the automatic tuners Gibson put on their guitars - not taken seriously because a guitarist should know how to tune his guitar and can do it more accurately. Something similar could be said for a photographer and cleaning a sensor.

Sep 30, 2015 at 03:44 AM
James R
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Would you use this on your camera?

eaglewolf wrote:
Hand my camera to my robot, it wet and dry cleans the sensor, downloads all photos, seeks out and takes the photos I want - including bears, eagles, and moose in Alaska, alligators and panthers in Florida, mountain lions in California, lions and cheetahs in Africa, and tigers in Asia, performs the post-processing, puts together a great photo book and presents it to me. All without requiring me to walk away from the CSI Miami episode I was watching on Netflix.

The device might have merit, but somehow I don't see it getting off the ground. It might be like the
...Show more

Then we can argue about who's robot takes the best picture!

Sep 30, 2015 at 04:35 AM
dag_anir

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Would you use this on your camera?

I just takemy D810 one a month, lock up for cleaning and throw it in the dishwasher next to the lenses. (just make sure that the shiner compartment is full to get that nice shiny look on the glass

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:46 AM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Would you use this on your camera?

dag_anir wrote:
I just takemy D810 one a month, lock up for cleaning and throw it in the dishwasher next to the lenses. (just make sure that the shiner compartment is full to get that nice shiny look on the glass

ah, the sarcastic hyperbole ... I like it.

Sep 30, 2015 at 01:43 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Would you use this on your camera?

I just unleash a horde of nanobots

Sep 30, 2015 at 01:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.