New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 1dsmk2 IR + 11-24?

RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1dsmk2 IR + 11-24?

Anyone shoot IR photography and got some hints?

I have to hand an IR modded 1Dsmk2, and also happen to have an 11-24 around too (and a 5Ds...) never shot IR though...

plenty of parks/trees etc around and its spring so lots of bulbs out too

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:37 PM
LocoPhoto
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1dsmk2 IR + 11-24?

check your post...it doesn't make much sense?

Sep 22, 2015 at 10:38 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1dsmk2 IR + 11-24?

Hi Rob, if the 1D was converted for IR then it's kinda of important to know what type of conversion was done. There are several options, pure black&white, enhanced color; several variants, and others at varying IR sensitivities.

IR conversions tend to mess up exposure/metering so if you don't know what conversion was done, your first step would be to just take some test shots with a 50mm prime; start with Jpegs to determine correct exposure settings and output type; b&w or color....

Standard IR filters; the screw on type, are often required despite conversion, they range from 680nm to 950nm depending on the expected IR result you want; i.e. the amount of visible light to be blocked. If your test shots are 'true' black&white you may not need any filters, if there is some color; although odd looking; greens/yellows, you will need one or more filters to get to black&white.

Take a look at the website below, there is a ton of great info on conversions, their outputs and what filters might be needed. There are videos on post processing also, hope this gets you started. I'll try to find a thread I posted in, it was about options/questions on converting a 1Ds3 to IR; and my thinking on converting a 50D.

LifePixel
http://www.lifepixel.com

Cheers,
Jerry

P.S. Rob, here's the thread, read through it, there's lots of good info/options/solutions...
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1378745/0#13129482

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:10 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1dsmk2 IR + 11-24?

Thanks Jerry just what I needed. I dont have any info on the conversion but can get it.

Sep 23, 2015 at 03:52 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1dsmk2 IR + 11-24?

if you search thru the recent B&H videos on youtube there was a talk given on IR which even as someone who doesnt quite get the IR thing I found pretty interesting

Sep 23, 2015 at 05:10 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.