Archive 2015 · Canon 35mm f1.4 II vs Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art comparison

ilikeglass
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon 35mm f1.4 II vs Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art comparison

wallstreetonei wrote:
I own the 35L II, the 35F2 and now the 45 Tamron 1.8VC
- I'm a 5DSR and 1DX owner - I only shoot IS lenses on the 5DSR
- the 35L II is fantastic on the 1DX II at every AF pt at 1/60 at F1.4 across the entire frame
- you need to shoot it at 1/125 on the 5DSR if you want to be tack sharp - even then good technique is important
- the 35F2 is a great lens - it is sharp in the center at F2, acceptable mid frame and softer in the corners - but at F2.2,
...Show more

I got the 35 Tamron 1.8VC when B&H when it started to shop. Using it with 5D III, paid work. For events it has replaced my 17-40mm F4. I never know when the extra stops will be needed and I've gotten very satisfactory results. Very sharp lens. During the summer I shoot a HS basketball league, and brought the Tamron to shoot from under the net as a test. I left the 70-200mm at home. For the heck of it I took some shots with the 35mm from the opposite end of the court, ended up cropping to around 1/4 original size, and am amazed by how sharp it is. So cropped and 800 pixels very usable. Autofocus is fine. The only problem - still have to resolve the cause, is sometimes under exposed when shooting from under the net. I shot RAW but will need to shoot JPG for higher FPS.

I need to use the macro some more. Have had little need for VC but it did come in handy a few time. Definitely made a difference for some evening shots of architecture.

Jun 13, 2016 at 09:59 AM
asiafish
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon 35mm f1.4 II vs Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art comparison

I just ordered my 35/1.4 Lii on Sunday and should have it Thursday or Friday.

I'm mainly a Leica shooter and almost never take my 35/1.4 Summilux FLE off of my M cameras. I shoot Canon when on family vacations (autofocus and live view are great for passing the camera around) and when I expect to shoot in humidity, rain or snow.

I bought this lens mainly for the weath sealing and f/1.4, and plan on combining this lens with the excellent 100/2.8 L macro and 24/1.4 Lii and my 6D body for a complete travel Kit that goes wider and focuses closer than my Leica ever could, with equally fast lenses, autofocus and weather sealing.

I rarely miss my Leica when I'm using thit 6D and good glass.

Jun 14, 2016 at 02:55 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.