FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Hittle Bottom at Night

Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Hittle Bottom at Night

I have camped at Hittle Bottom several times on my way to Moab. Last year I tried night photography and repeated the attempt this year. Comments and criticism are appreciated. I still have a long way to go learning how to do night photography.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Rockskipper

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Hittle Bottom at Night

Really like it! I do, however, prefer night shots that can include a little sunset or sunrise color. This one does seem to have a little color to the left, which I like.

Gotta love the Priest and Nuns. Did you know there's a rock by the parking lot at Hittle that has a dino track in it? It's one of those used to delineate the edge of the lot.

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:06 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Hittle Bottom at Night

Hey Jim,

This is a nice simple star scene. While it's great to have some night shots with sunset or sunrise color, the majority of the night there is no sunset or sunrise so I think this works great without that added color and light. Letting the butte go dark with just a little detail in the foreground works well here.

If there is one thing, it would be to suggest a slightly faster shutter speed as there is a little bit of star movement.

Jim

Sep 21, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Camperjim
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Hittle Bottom at Night

I shot the sky at 25 seconds. Next time I will try shorter times and also higher ISO settings.

Sep 21, 2015 at 10:40 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.